New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    well as it was explained to me... if the engine is used to a non-synthetic kailangan sanayin unti-unti ang engine sa full-synthetic. As I was told mas malapot ang synthetic.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by byygboie View Post
    well as it was explained to me... if the engine is used to a non-synthetic kailangan sanayin unti-unti ang engine sa full-synthetic. As I was told mas malapot ang synthetic.
    i dunno know about this pero parang ayoko maniwala IMO.

mas malapot ang synthetic? baka po sa viscosity lang ..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I agree. Viscosity depends on the grade of the oil, not on whether it's synthetic or not. Pero synthetics are more consistent whatever the temperature when it comes to viscosity daw. Eto lang naman selling point ng synthetics aside from not having sludge and preventing damage during cold starts (where most engine wear happens).

Synthetic oils are supposedly unsuitable for engines undergoing the break-in process (new or rebuilt engines). The lower friction the synthetic provides supposedly prevent the piston rings from sealing properly. You need friction to wear the cylinder wall with the pistons well so they will fit more snugly when the break in period is over.

Most people recommend using regular mineral oil during the first two oil changes and then switching to synthetic when the engine has been broken in. I'm not so sure about this, though. Most dealers will tell you that the car you will be bringing home from the dealership has already been broken in from the factory.

What I'm more interested in is what turbo diesel engine oil gives you the best results (fuel economy, acceleration, least smoke, most power, etc). Yung reasonably priced naman ha. Ang mahal naman masyado ng royal purple. Any semi synthetic oils you could swear by? Is the semi synthetic oil of Shell (Blue) any good?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I agree. Viscosity depends on the grade of the oil, not on whether it's synthetic or not. Pero synthetics are more consistent whatever the temperature when it comes to viscosity daw. Eto lang naman selling point ng synthetics aside from not having sludge and preventing damage during cold starts (where most engine wear happens).

Synthetic oils are supposedly unsuitable for engines undergoing the break-in process (new or rebuilt engines). The lower friction the synthetic provides supposedly prevent the piston rings from sealing properly. You need friction to wear the cylinder wall with the pistons well so they will fit more snugly when the break in period is over.

Most people recommend using regular mineral oil during the first two oil changes and then switching to synthetic when the engine has been broken in. I'm not so sure about this, though. Most dealers will tell you that the car you will be bringing home from the dealership has already been broken in from the factory.

What I'm more interested in is what turbo diesel engine oil gives you the best results (fuel economy, acceleration, least smoke, most power, etc). Yung reasonably priced naman ha. Ang mahal naman masyado ng royal purple. Any semi synthetic oils you could swear by? Is the semi synthetic oil of Shell (Blue) any good?
    sir based on my expirience so far Royal puple is the best * around 500 na ata per liter.

basahin nyo nalang po sa Royal Purple oil hread yung feedback naming mga users

ano po bang ride nyo sir?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    sir based on my expirience so far Royal puple is the best * around 500 na ata per liter.

basahin nyo nalang po sa Royal Purple oil hread yung feedback naming mga users

ano po bang ride nyo sir?
    Dmax, Frontier & Innova. Diesel lahat. Saan po ba yung thread ng Royal Purple? Pasensya na, sobrang bagal magload ng tsikot.com, baka abutin ako ng ilang oras pag hinanap Yung 500/Liter synthetic na ba yun? If not it may be a bit too expensive for me. I do an average of 80km/day kasi. Thanks

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ahh ... now i know na not all the time good ang application ng fully synthetic oil.

thanks for that info sir byygboie

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Dmax, Frontier & Innova. Diesel lahat. Saan po ba yung thread ng Royal Purple? Pasensya na, sobrang bagal magload ng tsikot.com, baka abutin ako ng ilang oras pag hinanap Yung 500/Liter synthetic na ba yun? If not it may be a bit too expensive for me. I do an average of 80km/day kasi. Thanks
    sir follow this link po

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44062

HTH

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    Intriguing. Masubukan nga. Synthetic naman pala itong RP. I should be able to skip an oil filter change after 5TKm with RP. If FC improves substantial siguro ang savings.

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Intriguing. Masubukan nga. Synthetic naman pala itong RP. I should be able to skip an oil filter change after 5TKm with RP. If FC improves substantial siguro ang savings.

I wonder what happened to your tests? The way I understand it, Synthetic Oil is more consistent and is less or isn't prone at all to coking so this is a big advantage to turbocharged engines. As to fuel consumption, it feels better but I have no documentation to prove it. However, with increased efficiency comes better performance and economy. It is the driving attitude and habit that makes more economy though.

Cheers!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If you just overhauled your engine it would be wise to use semi-synthetic first for the first 10000km. Then completely flush your engine and use full synthetic...ganoon po ang ginawa ko sa fuego namin with 4jb1t engine.
    If your engine is newly overhauled it is better to use semi -synthetic oil . Its better to change oil earlier than the recommended 5000km. to removed all the grind particles metal mix in the oil.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
g\best oil for isuzu turbo engines???