New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I just called Isuzu Pasig for my Alterra's 5000 pms. They told me if I want to bring my own motor oil, then the engine warranty will be voided. I told them that I actually prefer Isuzu to use its own motor oil as long as it is fully synthetic but they said Isuzu has no fully synthetic motor oil.

So is it the same case in your casa? Do they allow you to bring your own motor oil?

And does Isuzu really have no fully synthetic motor oil?

I find this quite annoying if it is true. When I have my pms at Toyota for my Vios, they have all kinds of motor oil for me to choose from.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    I just called Isuzu Pasig for my Alterra's 5000 pms. They told me if I want to bring my own motor oil, then the engine warranty will be voided. I told them that I actually prefer Isuzu to use its own motor oil as long as it is fully synthetic but they said Isuzu has no fully synthetic motor oil.

So is it the same case in your casa? Do they allow you to bring your own motor oil?

And does Isuzu really have no fully synthetic motor oil?

I find this quite annoying if it is true. When I have my pms at Toyota for my Vios, they have all kinds of motor oil for me to choose from.
    I am not sure if ISUZU dealers are allowed to offer other than IGMO/Besco but I know owner parts are allowed. (warranty on parts not covered by dealer)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi Benzmizer,

My contact in Isuzu said that they actually have fully synthetic motor oil, but the technical guys there do not recommend using fully synthetic oil on Alterra because it does not do well with its turbo.

I asked why but my contact did not as he was only told so.

Is this true?

And if so, do you know why?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    Hi Benzmizer,

My contact in Isuzu said that they actually have fully synthetic motor oil, but the technical guys there do not recommend using fully synthetic oil on Alterra because it does not do well with its turbo.

I asked why but my contact did not as he was only told so.

Is this true?

And if so, do you know why?
    I would like to think it's related to the required lubrication type required for the engine (similar to that of the Trooper).

Below is the recommended/suggested lube specs by ISUZU for the Alterra:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi guys,
    Just a question, does anybody know kung payag yung Isuzu Commonwealth branch to bring and use your preferred brand of motor oil for the first 1,500 kms PMS? I plan to use Mobil Delvac MX kasi on my Isuzu Crosswind XUV 2010 model. Also does anybody know kung ano yung brand and model ng oil filter na pwede for my ride? Thanks in advance.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    sa isuzu gencars dito sa santo tomas batangas ako nakaranas mag pa gawa sa kasa.. NOPE hindi sila pumapayag na magdala ako ng sarili kong langis... infact dun sa kanilang service reception area nila eh me nakasulat dun na bawal magdala ng sarili mong langis, tapoz bawal mo ring lapitan yung sasakyan mo habang ginagawa (hanngang dungaw ka nalang) except nalang pag pinatawag ka ng kanilang mekaniko which is rare madalas yung mekaniko ang lalapit sayo dala na yung parts na kelangang palitan...

Does your Isuzu dealer allow you to bring your own motor oil for your pms?