Quote Originally Posted by domski View Post
automatic transmission and it's about to reach 4000km soon. About 70% city driving daily. I only get 8 to 8.5km/L.

Let it loosen out pa chief.... it's basically still a fresh engine.

I'm already at my 3rd year with the Ddi-iTEQ engine and travelled more than 55,000 km todate.... I get 12.5 km per litre on my 3-litre DMax city-transporter 4x2 manual-transmission and around 14.5 km per litre combined city-and-off-city driving ----
....In fact, i got 15.4 km per litre going up Bagauio City from Metro Manila by way of Marcos Highway breezing through at 4th-gear most of the time.
....When we travelled to Naga City to the famed CamSur wakeboarding complex, i achieved 17 km per litre over a straight distance of 425.5 km from Metro Manila.

The good thing also about the manual-tranny is once you know where your peak flat torque range is located (1400 rpm to 3400 rpm), that is where you wanna stay ideally at a spot along that range where your rpm is already doable for the run you are making.... The manual-tranny let's you control that by your own preference....

Try using also lightwight but fully-synthetic oils like the Motul CRDi-specific 5W-40 and/or the Mobil Delvac Gold 5W-40 ---- the latter contains a high-TBN (total base number) of about 11 or 12 that mitigates the effects of sulphur oxidation due to the high-sulphur content of our local diesel fuels that are Euro 2 to Euro 3 compliant (300 ppm to 500 ppm sulphur).... Some Isuzu dealers/ service centres carry Motul and Mobil products.

Just my 2 centavos chief.... GOODLUCK!

Kind regards.