New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi sirs. I have an Isuzu TFR and I encountered my problem last Saturday when I got stuck in the parking lot with water 1ft 6 inches high. After one hour getting stuck, I was able to get out of it. Right now, I have difficulty with my tranny not engaging in 1st gear smoothly. I need to push it with a little force to get it in.

My questions are:

1. What is the problem with it?
    2. My mechanic advised to change gear oil. Is this the same with transmission oil?
    3. What is the advisable brand of oil to put and its viscosity? how many liters po?

Thanks for the replies.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    1. What is the problem with it? - Obviously palit gear oil lang yan.

2. My mechanic advised to change gear oil. Is this the same with transmission oil? - Yes gear oils are also used for manual transmissions.

3. What is the advisable brand of oil to put and its viscosity? how many liters po? - Look at your manual.

Ako rin magpapa-service ng Adventure regarding sa gear/manual transmission oil for maintenance purposes naman sa speedyfix ayun nga lang, puno pa sila dahil kay Andoy tsk3.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    1. What is the problem with it? - Obviously palit gear oil lang yan.

2. My mechanic advised to change gear oil. Is this the same with transmission oil? - Yes gear oils are also used for manual transmissions.

3. What is the advisable brand of oil to put and its viscosity? how many liters po? - Look at your manual.

Ako rin magpapa-service ng Adventure regarding sa gear/manual transmission oil for maintenance purposes naman sa speedyfix ayun nga lang, puno pa sila dahil kay Andoy tsk3.
    problem po wala akong manual kaya rely lang ako sa mga tips from Isuzu owners. thanks po

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    you can use any gear oil with the rating SAE 30. your preferred brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    problem po wala akong manual kaya rely lang ako sa mga tips from Isuzu owners. thanks po

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    Isuzu TFR? SAE40 Engine oil din ba ang ginagamit sa transmission dyan like Crosswinds and Highlander series?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ganyan din problema ko sa hilander ko. tuwing susulong ako sa baha ng mabilis nagiging mahirap ipasok sa 1st gear ang kambyo. nagpalit na rin ako ng gear at transmission oil pero ganun pa rin.

sa 4ja1 ang gear oil na maganda e yung mobil molilube 80w-90 tapos sa transmission oil any engine oil na sl pataas ang rating ang pwede(according to the manual) 15w-40 ang gamit ko

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    went to Petron Station and changed my transmission and gear oil. back to normal na po ulit. thanks

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayon sa manual ng isuzu crosswind, yung transmission oil, SAE40, yung sa likod, yung "bungo" na tinatawag nila, yung ang higher viscosity, SAE90 yata. No need to use a fancy grade SAE40 oil. basta tama yung viscosity.

Also try adjusting yung clutch mo. simple lang i adjust yan if it's the same mechanism as the crosswind or hilander. andun mismo sa ilalim ng clutch pedal yun, yung push rod. may ilu-loosen ka lang ng lock nut, then ikot mo yung pushrod para lumalim yung diin nya and that's it.
    hope this helps

Difficulty engagin in 1st gear