New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    My Crosswind xto 2002 model had been for quite some time emitting more smoke than is usual especially in the morning.

The vehicle is now 11 years old and to my simple analysis, the engine could now need a calibration of its diesel injectors just like my 1992 L200 pickup which had a calibration after more than 10 years.

The smoke is not "blackish" though but rather "whitish", medyo masakit sa ilong and mata.

What do you think is the best course of action for my xto? Should I calibrate or not?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would bring it to a reputable calibration center like Malabon Diesel/Diesel King, Denso Diesel Services, or Central Diesel. Just to have it checked first. Then you can discuss with the service advisor as to what needs to be done.

My dad tried the cheaper calibration shops that usually work on Jeepneys and it was a total waste of time.

Personally, Malabon Diesel does all our injection pump servicing now. Except for the Toyota which was handled by Denso. MD is worth the trip despite us being from Q.C./Manila.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    malabon diesel. magaling yan!
    lapit lang yan dito sa selda ko sa kalooks city jail.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung malapit ka sa QC sa Central Diesel ay ok din. They will check it first to see kung kailangan ng calibration o hindi.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    la na ba talaga si betan calibration? di na bumalik yung branch nila sa makati? tagal ko na silang hinihintay bumalik

Crosswind xto2002:  to calibrate or not