New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hello guys,

How do you figure out my XTO with 135k mileage. I cannot rev it over 2k even if I floor the gas pedal.

I recently had a changed oil. On flat road it runs normally but when I climb a long streetch of road, it is very slow and stalls or dies. After a few minutes I can start her again.

Is it overheating? loose compression?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    the air cleaner element mighty be dirty or needs replacement..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Automatic? If you have problems climbing, it may be that the box isn't downshifting. As there's enough torque to get going in second gear, it's not a problem on a flat road, but when climibing, it'll be obvious.

It could also be a problem with the fuel system. A clogged filter or element that is more affected in certain positions and at certain angles.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Pa check mo din sir sa calibration baka din sa delivery pump (injection pump)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Got it right, Niky. The fuel filter and the water separator were half filled with mudlike sludge. After the replacement and cleaning in the fuel filter area, I could already rev up to 4k or redline. There was also less visible smoke as compared to before the replacement. I realized, the fuel filter had not been replaced for more than 3 years.

My auto tranny XTO now feels nimble and I feel the problem is solved already though I still have to test it in climbing.

I brought it to the calibration later but the mechanic told me that the engine was still good.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill2 View Post
    Got it right, Niky. The fuel filter and the water separator were half filled with mudlike sludge. After the replacement and cleaning in the fuel filter area, I could already rev up to 4k or redline. There was also less visible smoke as compared to before the replacement. I realized, the fuel filter had not been replaced for more than 3 years.

My auto tranny XTO now feels nimble and I feel the problem is solved already though I still have to test it in climbing.

I brought it to the calibration later but the mechanic told me that the engine was still good.
    Yeah... the water separators are a b**** to maintain, but better that than a blown fuel pump.

That reminds me... I've got to have mine cleaned soon. My fuel economy is getting worse.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Crosswind XTO 2002 cannot rev to more than 2k