New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    About the Crosswind XUVi.
    Smooth ang ride so front, pero matagtag :jump: sa middle & rear.
    Can anyone suggest what to do to make the ride smoother?
    Are there substitutes/alternatives to the factory suspension? Conversion kits?
    Salamat

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    pwede ba invert yung last leaf spring, same set-up as the latest strada, or sabi nila lagyan ng load ang likod (1 sack of sand) :-), i'm not sure if changing shocks will improve the ride, check din the tire pressure....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gusto ko din lumambot yung ride ng XUV ko sa likod. Sobrang tigas kahit na 26psi ang front tires and 35ps sa likod(door pillar recommended tire pressure). Kung babawasan ko yung hangin sa likod or magload ng mabigat, tataas naman yung fuel consumption. Hahaayyy... Ganda sana ang porma.. :jump:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    siguro pwede 30psi sa rear if the jump seats will not be used/occupied, kaya mataas psi ng rear is due to the anticipated load, pag may sakay sa 3rd row, then ibalik sa 36 psi

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ha ha ha, mahirap talaga ang tuning ng leaf spring suspension. pero probably you could try swapping your l.springs with a lower (spring) rate.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Gawing mong 30psi front and back.

Merong mga nabibiling aftermarket leaf-springs..sabi less stiffer ang results.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try ko nga ito Kiper. Matagtag nga ang 35 psi sa rear tires!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kiper
    Gawing mong 30psi front and back.

Merong mga nabibiling aftermarket leaf-springs..sabi less stiffer ang results.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Partner, I have an XUVi too. ISUZU recently introduced the FLEX RIDE SUSPENSION SYSTEM. This suspension system is now used by ALL Crosswind variants and the ISUZU D-Max. I opted to have my rear suspension changed by this. Palit leafs, shocks and some rubber dampener in between the chassis and leafs.

For long term (and guaranteed effect), go to your nearest ISUZU dealer and ask about this suspension system. If you want to "feel" how soft and comfortable the ride would be, test drive the 2005 Crosswind in an ISUZU dealer near you and you'd see the DIFFERENCE!!!!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Sinubukan ko na yung suggestion ni trup to invert the restraining leaf spring.
    Hey, it works! And it might further improve daw kung papalitan din yung shocks.
    Salamat po sa lahat ng nagpayo para makaiwas sa matagtag na republika!
    Kobe, thanks for your info about the new Isuzu sus. I'll find time to check it out, but for a prototype I'm working on.
    See you good people again in some other thread!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tangapin na katotohanan matagtag talaga crosswind kahit sportivo ganon din la difference sa old crosswind

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Crosswind Rear Suspension