New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008

hello po, new lang po dito sa forum.

Tanong lang po. meron na po bang nakawa ng set up na to?

Nagbabalak po kasi ako mgpalagay, Nagtanong ako sa a-toybodykits mejo pricey yung lambo kit nila for suv.

Meron po bang nakakaalam san pa mas mura?

2003 XT M/T Xwind po skin...

Pati na din pala sun roof po..

Thanks po in advance...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    welcome to tsikot.
    IMHO, quality lambo kits prices would always be hovering around the same area as what a-toy quoted you. And specially if it's from a reputable shop. Most likely a difference of a couple of thousand here and there only.
    If it's any consolation though, I saw a shop somewhere in the "talaba" area of Cavite which says they can do lambo conversions. Don't know the name/rep of the shop though. It's on the right side if you're heading towards MM.
    .02 hth.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    welcome to tsikot.
    IMHO, quality lambo kits prices would always be hovering around the same area as what a-toy quoted you. And specially if it's from a reputable shop. Most likely a difference of a couple of thousand here and there only.
    If it's any consolation though, I saw a shop somewhere in the "talaba" area of Cavite which says they can do lambo conversions. Don't know the name/rep of the shop though. It's on the right side if you're heading towards MM.
    .02 hth.

Thanks sir,

Im from cavite so yes im familiar with the place pero di ko lam which shop, ill try to ask but then kung la din nmn masyadong difference, id go for a-toy.
    Thnks po

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kala ko may Crosswind with Lambo Doors feature na

From what I've gathered some say that these 'vertical door' conversions can be a pain-in-the-neck to maintain. I guess you can convert cheaply but then the bottom line would be durability which is maybe why this modification is best for shows only and not for daily use.

With some costing more than $2,000 a kit it may be a bit painful if your car got hit on either doors, say in a Mall parking lot.

Here's a useful side note that you can review on:

Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Differ...ors&id=1027903

Lambo doors are the same as vertical doors, people just choose to call them that. These doors are special, as they are able to be opened vertically. This is the same as Lamborghini sports vehicle; that's where the name comes from. The door can be open upward at 90 degrees or at other angles between 70 and 120. People love to install these modifications because it makes their car look different.

When you purchase these door kits, you have the option of installing them two different ways. The two types of lambo door kits are the ones that are bolted on, or the ones that are welded on. Each one has its advantage and disadvantages which will be discussed below.

Typically the bolted doors are the more popular type. The pros in using these types of kits are the fact that they are easier to install. When they are bolted on the car you can easily adjust and align them, so that they fit properly; Its also makes it easier when you want to change your doors back to the stock, if you plan on selling. The con is that jerking and shifting while driving can cause the bolts to shift.

Welded lambo doors are also popular and it has its own advantages and disadvantages. The pros in using the welded doors are the fact that they can hold everything firmly in place. You also won't have to worry about shifting. The con in using these types of doors are that sometimes the heat caused during welding can damage the paint. It is also very difficult if you plan to covert your doors back to stock.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for the very informative reply sir, ill keep that in mind.

But sir i think the one i saw in the net, forgot which site, is that this particular kit can be opened sideways pa din, so parang 2-in-1, so parang depends sau in which way mo gusto open..

o baka guni guni ko lng yun hehehe..

Thanks po tlga..

Crosswind lambo???