New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hmm.. hintay na lang tayo..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Tsismis lang to... at mananatiling tsimis...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hahaha! Likely so. This thread has been "hanging" for years.... and I think that until a FMC, hopes on a new, higher engine displacement engine will remain a "dream"....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    Tsismis lang to... at mananatiling tsimis...
    Namatay na yung Tsismis..........

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    It is very obvious that Isuzu MUST acknowledge that their Hilander/Panther/Crosswind AUV is long-in-tooth... it could mean two things:

1. That Isuzu is on a total media and industry blackout and currently designing its repleacement. The recent crisis means that they may be encountering delays and is still underway.

-OR-

2. That Isuzu is in a state of limbo and thinks that this crazy world is like Peter Pan's Neverland where they seem to have some strong sense of "all-newness" everytime they increase the size of their front grille and headlights to say the least! hahahaha!

Last edited by ianmitsulancer; July 31st, 2009 at 12:53 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If people will still buy it... why spend more money developing it?

This is the same reason the US market was stuck with primitive, gas-guzzling, ladder-frame SUVs for so long... they were cheap to produce and develop... and thanks to the stupid CAFE tax breaks for these supposedly "commercial" vehicles (same as the AUV tax loophole), US manufacturers could sell them at a tidy profit without spending much money on development.

Even without the AUV tax breaks, the Crosswind still sells, based on Isuzu's reputation and the fact that it's a reasonably economical vehicle. That it's a stone-age vehicle in the cyber age doesn't seem to matter to buyers, and I can actually think of a few situations in which I'd willingly buy one brand new.

Most of those situations either involve brain damage or me not actually having to ride in it or drive it, though. But if I'm paying the bills and it's for business use, I can't think of anything else I'd rather buy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    "During the first quarter of 2005, a 2.5 4JK1-TC 116ps, the second DDi iTEQ engine, was introduced and offered as economical choice to replace it's aging predecessor (4JA1-T was concurrently available for that year only). A mid-cycle refresh brought many models fitted with a new front bumper that incorporated an "instant spoiler" underneath, 4x4 models and Hi-Lander's suspensions were raised up 25 millimeters extra."

Mga sir sana eto na lng ilagay nila na engine ng crosswind, 2005 pa nilabas na ito sa thailand bakiy kaya hindi ito nilabas sa pilipinas? 2.5 dicplacement produce 116 hp good enough na po siguro ito to power the crosswind.

Wag lang po sana sensitive itong engine na ito gaya ng 4JX1

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hanep, nabuhay 'tong thread na to after more than half a decade (6 years!)
    ah eh, ako pala ang nagkalat ng chismis na to eh so lemme recall. nakuha ko lang yung info from an "insider"... balak nila isalpak yung engine ng dating fuego 4x4 (4JB1-t) sa crosswind. obviously, di natuloy.

nag inquire ako sa isuzu kung pwede yung 4JB1 (non turbo) sa crosswind. pwede in theory but with major modifications. #1 yung transmission, #2, yung front suspensions will have to be revised to accommodate the heavier 4JB1.

so baka dahil dun sa mga mods na yun, di na nila tinuloy. kung natuloy, it could have given the crosswind an engine capable of 100 hp's but the additional power may be negated because of a heavier gross weight.

grabe presyo ng crosswind, lalo na yung sportivo. w/ its engine and suspensions, it doesnt deserve that 1M+ price tag. buti sana kung ginawa nilang CRDI man lang, plus safety features. I dont mind the suspensions, I kinda like it, semi offroad capable sya ;)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Now that Euro IV is mandated (January 1, 2016), what's in store for the Isuzu Crosswind?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Pilipinas under duterte, sana wala na lulusot na euro2 old engines. Bring the new 4jk1 engines to the crosswind

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
chismis about the crosswind