New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi all,

I am planning to replace my tire with Bridgestone 265/70R16. I did some measurements and it appears to be have ample space, both height and width.

Has any of you Alterra owners tried tire this much bigger (about 1.1" taller and 0.8 wider) than the stock?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    Hi all,

I am planning to replace my tire with Bridgestone 265/70R16. I did some measurements and it appears to be have ample space, both height and width.

Has any of you Alterra owners tried tire this much bigger (about 1.1" taller and 0.8 wider) than the stock?

Thanks
    I have a 2011 Alterra Urban Cruiser 4X4. I never did like the original Bridgestone Dueler as supplied. My biggest complaint is that they seem to pick up every little stone on the roads and NEVER let them go....so annoying. I replaced them with the same size tire as supplied as standard issue on the Dmax Boondock. That is 265/70/16, but I also upgraded to Michelin Cross. Well, I could sing praises about this tire, but that is my prejudiced view. The new tire size does not really affect the speedo error as evidenced by comparing my inav speed indication with my speedo reading. 41 kph vs 40 kph. The handling is improved at 30 psi. Fuel consumption is slightly better. A little more road noise with the windows down and the radio off. Otherwise I really do not notice it. This tire size fits better, and greatly improves the "looks" in my opinion. Look up the Michelin Cross on "Google". If you can swallow the premium price, I feel that quality is cheaper in the long run. That's how I see it anyway. Ciao!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nick View Post
    I have a 2011 Alterra Urban Cruiser 4X4. I never did like the original Bridgestone Dueler as supplied. My biggest complaint is that they seem to pick up every little stone on the roads and NEVER let them go....so annoying. I replaced them with the same size tire as supplied as standard issue on the Dmax Boondock. That is 265/70/16, but I also upgraded to Michelin Cross. Well, I could sing praises about this tire, but that is my prejudiced view. The new tire size does not really affect the speedo error as evidenced by comparing my inav speed indication with my speedo reading. 41 kph vs 40 kph. The handling is improved at 30 psi. Fuel consumption is slightly better. A little more road noise with the windows down and the radio off. Otherwise I really do not notice it. This tire size fits better, and greatly improves the "looks" in my opinion. Look up the Michelin Cross on "Google". If you can swallow the premium price, I feel that quality is cheaper in the long run. That's how I see it anyway. Ciao!
    To be more precise, My replacement tires are Michelin Latitude Cross. Ciao!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nick View Post
    To be more precise, My replacement tires are Michelin Latitude Cross. Ciao!
    Hi Uncle Nick,

Thanks for your post. I will look it up.

The tire I have in mind is Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697 265/70R16 (with the white lettering). If you have insight on this, please let me know.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    Hi Uncle Nick,

Thanks for your post. I will look it up.

The tire I have in mind is Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697 265/70R16 (with the white lettering). If you have insight on this, please let me know.
    I have no personal experience with your choice. The tread pattern is very good. Your tire is most popular in Australia. All reviews are most positive in nature. Your selection is a very good one, in my opinion. In Canada, I had 4 or 5 sets of raised white letter Michelins, similar to your Bridgestone choice. They look good, no question about that. I had to scrub the white raised letters with a Brillo soap pad at every car wash, otherwise the tires distracted from my SUV's appearance. Go for the Bridgestones, you surely will be happy. Ciao!