New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hi Guys,

I am helping my dad to look for parts on his ride, Bighorn '96 TDL. Any recommended store on where to buy engine parts like, piston, piston rings etc..? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by notoryus View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am helping my dad to look for parts on his ride, Bighorn '96 TDL. Any recommended store on where to buy engine parts like, piston, piston rings etc..? Thanks!

Look for this stores they specialize in Isuzu parts, though I dont know they're exact location

1. Walco in banaue
    2. Jetco in recto near aranque market
    3. Jayson in tondo

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thanks Sir! I'll check on these shops.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I have a '96 Bighorn too and I am planning to replace the steering gearbox. I am in Canada right now and my Bighorn is in Manila. I think I can get a surplus steering gearbox here for under C$50 and send it to Manila via surface shipping (C$75 for a big box). Would anybody know the part number for for the entire steering gearbox? I figure Isuzu used a GM gearbox so they should still be available here. Kailangan ko lang talaga yung part number para siguradong tama yung mabili ko. There's a shop called "pick and pull" here where you can go and pull the part you need from a wrecked car and pay for it but walang available na Isuzu Trooper or Honda SLX e.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Buy from Ebay US and send it to Canada. I suggest you include the signal and wiper switches. The whole steering assembly ang pinaka ideal.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    That sounds like a good plan Sir 4JG, however the whole steering assembly will be too big (too long, actually) for the box I will be using in sending the spare parts to the Philippines. The cargo company accepts only boxes of a certain shape and size. That's why I want to buy just the power steering gearbox. Nakakainis lang kasi kulang o bitin sa kabig yung Bighorn ko. Actually if I can find them here, I plan to get more that one since it will fit in the box anyway, and maybe sell them at cost there to whoever needs it. Mahal daw kasi yung orig na Trooper steering gearbox dyan (or is it?).

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Here is the steering box details, JkC brand with part no 897109986 41100510.
    Ok sana makapag uwi ka ng buong steering column. The US is the best place to buy LHD specific parts.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ok sana makapag uwi ka ng buong steering column. The US is the best place to buy LHD specific parts. Driver side window switches is an example

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Ok sana makapag uwi ka ng buong steering column. The US is the best place to buy LHD specific parts. Driver side window switches is an example
    Thanks for the info Sir 4JG! I will see if I could get a complete steering assy. If I could find some, would anyone here be interested? Malamang kasi same lang ang cost ng pagpapadala ng isa sa tatlo hanggang 4 units.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcawa View Post
    That sounds like a good plan Sir 4JG, however the whole steering assembly will be too big (too long, actually) for the box I will be using in sending the spare parts to the Philippines. The cargo company accepts only boxes of a certain shape and size. That's why I want to buy just the power steering gearbox. Nakakainis lang kasi kulang o bitin sa kabig yung Bighorn ko. Actually if I can find them here, I plan to get more that one since it will fit in the box anyway, and maybe sell them at cost there to whoever needs it. Mahal daw kasi yung orig na Trooper steering gearbox dyan (or is it?).
    Tama si 4jg2 buy in EBAY.COM. I've done that before as in complete steering gearbox with pitman arm kasi sayang lang kung hindi orig pitman arm mo yan ang madalas napuputol kasi weld lang. steering column with leather wrap na kunin mo . handbrake, center console, combination switch wiper etc tutal andyan ka na. pwede yan sa box kasya yan.

BigHorn japan '96 3.1 Diesel Engine Parts