New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I'd still stick to what the manual recommends. Ok naman ang mineral/conventional oil for fleet maintenance. Just change at regular intervals. Fresh oil more often, fresh filter more often. And it'll still cost less than synth. Btw, I rotate between Shell Rimula X, Caltex Delo Gold, and Castrol (forgot the exact name) depending on what's available.

I don't recommend extending intervals even with synth [even most synth manufacturers don't]. It is not the breakdown of the oil that causes the problem, it is the saturation of the oil and oil filter. Saturated oil, no matter what space age mumbo-jumbo is in it, is still saturated oil. And a saturated oil filter goes on by-pass mode (bypass valve opens, circulates unfiltered oil to preserve engine).

At the end of the day, the decision will still be up to you. Just weigh the cost vs benefit.
    +1 ako dito. I've been using Petron Trekker sa Trooper ko before. Now Rimula X ang nakalagay sa 4JH1

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    pag change ko mineral oil to synthetics kailangan pa ba ng oil treatment

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    mag kano ba yang synthetic oils mas mahal ba yan kaysa conventional oils>>>>>>

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Synth is at least 2x the price of mineral/conventional. Meron ding 4x the price. Does it offere 4x the protection? I don't know.

You really don't need any in-between treatment when switching oil types. Any oil left in the engine after a proper draining is usually not in any significant amount.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I prefer Shell Helix Diesel for my LS pickup...mas tahimik and smooth ang sound ng engine eh...ewan ko ba, then when i read the label, it does say na it really lessens engine noise...hehehe. i just had my oil change 2 weeks ago, now using rimula x kase mas mura pero not satisfied and engine noise is louder, might have it drained and filled up with my usual helix.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    why dont you just try using the cheapest oil and the cheapest oil filter and change every month..just a thought..sir otep do you of anyone selling bypas oil filters here in the philippines?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think you will be fine with miniral based oils,try shell rimula x

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I use CASTROL GTX 15W-40, mas tahimik and mas tipid ako sa fuel consumption compared to MOBIL DELVAC MX 15W-40 (which I previously used).

OK ang FULLY SYNTHETIC, mas matagal ang buhay ng oil (lesser oil service interval), but sobrang mahal, 4x ng mineral-based one. but oil filter must be changed at regular interval of 5,000 km..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have been using Mobil Delvac 1 full synth. for a couple of years na. Ride is still running like new, no smoke spewing out. I change my oil every 10K.

As with what Otep and the rest say, just change your oil regularly, and use good name brand oils. Synths, though they are good, are expensive.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung fuego 4x2 yan, pwede pa rin ordinary mineral oil like or multigrades dyan. sa kin nga 140,000km na, I still use caltex delo gold, castrol diesel gtx or petron trekker. nung minsan, i even tried shell rotella oil, and petron hd - eto yung mga pinakamurang diesel engine oils usually used by Jeepneys. ayos lang,basta wag mo lang gamitin ng matagalan. ang labanan naman dyan is frequency of changing oil and using the right viscosity oil, not the grade of oil. low viscosity synthetics di yata pwede. may sumubok na yata ng mobil 1 delvac, maingay daw.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Best engine oil for isuzu fuego 120,000 odometer