Oct 2006
    [QUOTE=tukong;662404]
    Quote Originally Posted by tukong View Post
    can u help me decide to choose the right oil for my fuego
    120,000 odometer reading
    reply immediately plssssss

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    If hindi pa na overhaul ang Fuego mo, you should be using Synthetic by this time. Brand is your choice na.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    d pa na overhaul
    ive been using kasi caltex delo gold for a lomg tym na
    eh e chnge ko na ba ng synthetic oils>>> ano ba difference ng synthetic sa mineral oil...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'm using Castrol GTX Diesel 15W-40 so far ok naman mas tahimik ang makina. Minsan naglagay bayaw ko ng Delo parang hindi makahatak tapos ang ingay ng makina kaya change oil kaagad kahit 1,800+ km pa lang natatakbo. Anong engine mo? 4JA1 na ba yan?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mods pakiinsert na lang ng "oil".

Kala ko magpapalit ng engine si tukong.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [SIZE=3]ano pg kakaiba ng synthetic sa mineral oils...[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    According to the experts (because i watch a lot of Discovery Channel hehe) Synthetic or fully Synthetic oils have special chemicals that actually "cling" to the metal surface many times better over regular oil. This means that it can give your engine better protection against intense friction.

With synthetic oils, you can also lessen the intervals of changing oil since mas mahaba ang lifespan nya. There are others na 2 or three times less na sila mag-change oil when they shifted to synthetic.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd still stick to what the manual recommends. Ok naman ang mineral/conventional oil for fleet maintenance. Just change at regular intervals. Fresh oil more often, fresh filter more often. And it'll still cost less than synth. Btw, I rotate between Shell Rimula X, Caltex Delo Gold, and Castrol (forgot the exact name) depending on what's available.

I don't recommend extending intervals even with synth [even most synth manufacturers don't]. It is not the breakdown of the oil that causes the problem, it is the saturation of the oil and oil filter. Saturated oil, no matter what space age mumbo-jumbo is in it, is still saturated oil. And a saturated oil filter goes on by-pass mode (bypass valve opens, circulates unfiltered oil to preserve engine).

At the end of the day, the decision will still be up to you. Just weigh the cost vs benefit.
    Last edited by OTEP; October 7th, 2006 at 10:53 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Best engine oil for isuzu fuego 120,000 odometer