New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Onga... lahat naman nun naka S-rated tires lang... Dapat sa mga ganung klaseng kotse maglagay na sila ng at least H-rated tires since mga mabibilis na ang mga SUV ngayon eh.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jefsan View Post
    Sir Patsys50,

Sooner or later Sir you will love your Alterra because of it's ride and durability. Even though the specs might say that the Alterra is the least powerful, my 2005 Teri has been proven already that it can attain speed of 195 kph even though it is already 5 years old. I consider that as amazingly powerful enough for me!!!
    Sir jefsan,

195 kph?? Wow.

Now that you gave the idea, I know that I can go significantly faster next time. Can't wait till I break 5000 km!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'm really impressed with the Alterra. At first when I saw that the Alterra's engine gives only 146hp, I was expecting it to be really slow, especially since its a really big car. But when I started reading posts here from different people who have taken it to speeds of 195km/h, I was like and ! If it is really so, then I'm sure the Trooper, having 14 more horses and a smaller body should be capable of such speeds as well? Especially since it said here that the Alterra reaches 140km/h at 2800-2900rpm (cruising nalang ba yan? or hinahataw pa pataas?) when our Trooper cruises at 140km/h with the tach at around 2500rpm.
    It could be that M/T Alterras can attain greater speeds at lower rpm. Yung sa akin kasi is A/T, so 4 speeds lang.

The moment I reached 2800 - 2900 rpm, I decided to decelerate. The speed was 140 kph at that point although I think if I maintained the rpm at 2900 for a while, it might have gone beyond 140 kph.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, its not all power. I still find Isuzu engines the most durable (except for the jx1 trooper). In car entertainment is great too!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Yup.. Bumper ng alterra Fiber Glass lang ata pero matibay ang body.. Last April or May din.. Binunggo ng forward Alterra ko sa bandang likuran sa may driver's side.. Utol ko nagda-drive.. Believe mga bystanders kasi di man lang daw tumilapon yung oto or umikot.. Baka daw kung ibang sasakyan lang yun eh tumaob na daw.. Hindi ko talaga ipagpapalit alterra kahit ano pang marinig ko na di kanais-nais.. Atleast ako naprove ko na sa sarili ko na worth it syang kasama sa pang-araw-araw.. Hehehe.. What the heck, Kinakargahan ko pa nga ng 6 na sakong bigas o 6 na sakong asukal eh pero tindig pa din..

*PATSYS50

I, myself can prove na kaya ang 195kph(Pero hindi ko advise na gawin to ng mga drivers natin..Bilis na masyado eh.. hehe).. Madalas ko gawin yan sa SCTEX.. Pero sa ngaun slow down na ako sa 140kph at medyo numinipis na ang gulong.. Hehe.. 2 years na gulong ko eh pero makapal pa naman..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If there is someone to straight swap my FD with a good condition Alterra, even if its double the mileage of my FD (28tkms), I wont think twice. ^_^

Its a good rig. Subok na subok na.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    If there is someone to straight swap my FD with a good condition Alterra, even if its double the mileage of my FD (28tkms), I wont think twice. ^_^

Its a good rig. Subok na subok na.
    Tucson nalang

Natawa ako sa first post, nawawala yung Santa Fe kasi tapos agad ang kwento

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sadly yes, the alterra has a relatively lethargic engine (no offense to owners). IMO its because the tune is more on frugality than performance.
    Last edited by wayward; November 1st, 2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: typo

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    it may be "lethargic" on paper... but as long as you stay in the torque band, you won't feel any lack of power.

the innova feels pretty quick, even if it "only" has 102 hp

if you're used to driving an old diesel, any of the new crdi-powered engines will really surprise you

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    Isuzu alterra:
    Maximum output (PS/rpm): 146 / 3800
    Maximum torque (NM/rpm): 294 / 1400 - 3400

Toyota Fortuner:
    Maximum output (PS/rpm): 163 / 3400
    Maximum torque (NM/rpm): 242 / 1400 - 3200

Mitsubishi Montero:
    Maximum output (PS/rpm): 163 / 3500
    Maximum torque (NM/rpm): 343 / 2000

Ford Everest:
    Maximum output (PS/rpm): 156 / 3200
    Maximum torque (NM/rpm): 380 / 1800

Based on above, Isuzu Alterra has the lowest hp and torque at a higher rpm compared to the other SUVs?

Does that mean is is the least powerful among the 4? Am I reading this right?
    Alterra: 1835kg

Fortuner: 1945kg

Montero Sport: 2105kg

Everest: 2024kg

To add

Santa Fe: 197hp/3800
    436NM/1800-2500rpm
    1896kg

c/o motioncars.com

=================================================

I was suprised to see that the Alterra is the lightest amongst its rivals, so performance might be about as adequately as most and it (just)might be more efficient on fuel. OT: The Santa Fe however has the best specs. One thing though, specs on paper isnt always what it seems on the road. Sometimes weight and more importantly, the transmission plays a big role in delivering good performance. Drive a 2004-2007 Starex CRDi AT with 145hp and a 1KZ HiAce (surplus) AT with about 103 or so horsepower and you'll swear the preppier transmission (the Starex runs heavy and lazier in comparison)and lighter weight of the Hiace is a better performer than the Starex even though it is less powerful on paper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Alterra's power vs other SUVs?