New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    *benzmizer
    correction on my post, I was informed by may dad, the problem was experienced again thursday, although he thought he didnt start the engine properly so he did noticed that the hard starting is back again... Friday, definitely there is a problem as it takes to 2-3 times before the alterra is to start. And just this afternoon is the worst.... it wouldnt start at all after following what the technician mentioned how to start the alterra if hard starting was experience, this procedure was executed but Failed, the alterra doesnt start at all. my father is about to call in the towing service when he just tried to start it for the last time.... and... it did start.. he just went home to be safe and not be bothered by the engine problem... so instead of doing some other walks he just cancelled it and called me later this afternoon to inform me for his frustration on how our alterra was poorly service by isuzualabang.. there is some areas that are being overlooked . For me, this is becoming an Issue now... Im still hoping your Big Guns can do something about it.

Thanks again....

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by t3kk3n View Post
    *benzmizer
    ... Im still hoping your Big Guns can do something about it.
    I see. As I have said, relax ka lang.... tried and tested na mga boga ko.... expect communication from "higher ups" soon.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    final update on our alterra

Isuzu alabang cannot identify the exact problem. My hunch is that the immobilizer is already busted, and they cannot find a way to identify or test the functionality of the immobilizer when we first encountered our problem during the warranty period. i was told the immobilizer is at around 10k.....

Anyways, we told them to disable the immobilizer(not removed) as it is embedded to the system of alterra according to them

it has been a month, and our alterra is still running and the hardstarting have gone away after the immobilizer has been disabled

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sir, magpapa 15K ako sa ALterra ko, balak ko sana sa Inteco Q Ave pero sa tatlong balik ko dun, di ako satisfied sa service, not sure even kung ano ginagawa nila.

San po ba ok for 15K? Wala pa naman ako reklamo pero yung tunog ng idling di smooth, not sure kung yung belt. 2 years na Alterra ko ngayong December.

Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmanuel View Post
    Sir, magpapa 15K ako sa ALterra ko, balak ko sana sa Inteco Q Ave pero sa tatlong balik ko dun, di ako satisfied sa service, not sure even kung ano ginagawa nila.

San po ba ok for 15K? Wala pa naman ako reklamo pero yung tunog ng idling di smooth, not sure kung yung belt. 2 years na Alterra ko ngayong December.

Thanks.
    Are you from Quezon City? If so, you can try Commonwealth or Pasig. Pasig (from my knowledge) has reputation of having champion mechanics they participate when ISUZU HQ whenever they conduct a competition.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    mga sir good day po..im having the same problem with my alterra 05 matic..the diagnostic scanner reads immobilizer no signal...mga sir hingi lang po ako ng advice kung ano po ginawa nyo to fix the problem...tnx po..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Hi Guys! This error is exactly what I am encountering right now. May I know saan nyo pinagawa yung immobilizer issue ng Alterra nyo? Thank you sa sasagot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
alterra 05 problem Engine problem