New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1199 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 1099114911891195119611971198119912001201120212031209 ... LastLast
Results 11,981 to 11,990 of 12114
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by saluyet View Post
    SA advised me na pati shocks na din. He recommends bilstein. Any comments?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
    it rides abit stiffer compared to the oem shocks. if you want the soft ride mag oem ka. if you want the slightly stiffer ride bilstein. heres an article about bilsteins replacements..

Road Testing the Bilstein shock upgrade for Trailblazer | James Deakin

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The Bilsteins are a lot stiffer vs stock bro. 5100's & B6's valving are digressive (great high velocity damping, too much low velocity damping)

On the plus side, it corners with confidence and big bumps and dips are dismissed like they aren't there.

But on smaller rough spots like rumble strips and uneven concrete roads you can really feel everything.

I suggest you try out someone else's MUX with these shocks before you buy them.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; August 23rd, 2019 at 07:53 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    The Bilsteins are a lot stiffer vs stock bro. 5100's & B6's valving are digressive (great high velocity damping, little to no low velocity damping)

On the plus side, it corners with confidence and big bumps and dips are dismissed like they aren't there.

But on smaller rough spots like rumble strips and uneven concrete roads you can really feel everything.

I suggest you try out someone else's MUX with these shocks before you buy them.
    D you think these shocks will cure the mu-X's somewhat wallowy ride sir? Nag nnose dive din siya which is kind of annoying at times.

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    D you think these shocks will cure the mu-X's somewhat wallowy ride sir? Nag nnose dive din siya which is kind of annoying at times.

Had to correct myself. Edited the post na. Too much low velocity damping.

It will definitely remove the wallowy ride. And it'll handle a lot better. But in most cars I've driven/ridden with the same family/model (B6/5100) the ride on small undulations is so annoying specially at low speed I either have to fly through them or slow down to a crawl to make it bearable.

I find most twin tube shocks have progressive damping and are easier to live with. You can slow down on bigger bumps or deeper ruts anyway. And on small undulations common on our roads you can maintain a decent speed while still being comfortable.

Best test drive someone else's rig talaga before buying. Mahal din yang Bilstein.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; August 23rd, 2019 at 08:09 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post

if you want to improve your suspension. youll have to go with kits from ironman 4x4. sila nag dedevelop talaga ng kits.

yun iba kasi like ridemax, mix and match sila. unlike ironman 4x4 meron sila complete R&D for specific vehicles.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thanks for the inputs sirs.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    gawin nyo na lang kasi 40psi ang gulong ng MUX nya para hinde wallowy, it's wallowy coz 29psi ang nasa pinto, pag sinunod nyo yun masyado boaty and also less fuel-efficient . but the stock Bridgestone tires is max at 44psi.

My rules is always minus 10%. of the max PSI, so 40 psi aka sa blue power.

with my Santa Fe I , also do 40 psi kasi 44 psi din max sabi sa gulong weird coz it's only 235/65/R17

and my wildtrak I also do 40 PSI, coz even of 265/60/R18 Bridgestone sya as compared to my 255/60/R18 Bridgestone MUX, pareho sila max 44psi

My Santa Fe still uses the stock springs from year 2007, never pa nasira , and I just follow that tire rule, less than 10%

pag ang tires optimal ang laman ng hangin, less strain sa suspension coz the tires absorbs the imperfections of the roads. it acts as a backup suspension, yun goma. I learned that somewhere in the net some 5 years ago

mas mura naman gulong noh, kaysa suspension parts.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Agree ako sa mas mataas na tire pressure para mawala o mabawasan un wallowy ride. 35psi naman ako.
    Un kyb skorched4 shocks ok kaya para sa mux?

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    gawin nyo na lang kasi 40psi ang gulong ng MUX nya para hinde wallowy, it's wallowy coz 29psi ang nasa pinto, pag sinunod nyo yun masyado boaty and also less fuel-efficient . but the stock Bridgestone tires is max at 44psi.

My rules is always minus 10%. of the max PSI, so 40 psi aka sa blue power.

with my Santa Fe I , also do 40 psi kasi 44 psi din max sabi sa gulong weird coz it's only 235/65/R17

and my wildtrak I also do 40 PSI, coz even of 265/60/R18 Bridgestone sya as compared to my 255/60/R18 Bridgestone MUX, pareho sila max 44psi

My Santa Fe still uses the stock springs from year 2007, never pa nasira , and I just follow that tire rule, less than 10%

pag ang tires optimal ang laman ng hangin, less strain sa suspension coz the tires absorbs the imperfections of the roads. it acts as a backup suspension, yun goma. I learned that somewhere in the net some 5 years ago

mas mura naman gulong noh, kaysa suspension parts.
    Ako 35 psi lahat ng gulong. Early morning psi yun ha. Pero I observe sa tpms na umaakyat hanggang 39 psi lalo na kapag long drive at mainit. Sayo kung cold tire psi mo mo yan 40, eh baka umabot ka ng 44psi na sinsabi Mong max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jigeloh View Post
    Ako 35 psi lahat ng gulong. Early morning psi yun ha. Pero I observe sa tpms na umaakyat hanggang 39 psi lalo na kapag long drive at mainit. Sayo kung cold tire psi mo mo yan 40, eh baka umabot ka ng 44psi na sinsabi Mong max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ang napansin ko kasi dyan sa mga pahanginan sa gas station like for example sa shell , if you load like 40 psi , check after 3 days and your tire pressure is ranging 38 to 39 psi.

It’s either the pump is miscalibrated or yun hangin mismo nila is substandard. I dont load nitrogen kasi eh. One observation ko lang if sa ok na vulcaniizing shop ka nag pahangin consistent ang 40 psi for like 2 weeks or so. So malamang may impurities ang mga gas stations, well what can we expect libre, saka kung sino-sino lang naghahangin dun

I dont have TPMS in my cars, pero I check the tires everytime I leave, after years of doing it, ma train naman eyes mo as well as konting pindot if your tires are in good shape, basta you are parked in a flat pavement like for example mall or condo parking.

Yun kasi 35 psi , im not comofrtsble with it, although 35 psi is the most comfortsble, kumbaga para ka naupo sa cushy sofa vs sa 40 pai na sofa na may thin layer lang ng cushion

So there you have it, pag ultra comfortable na ang car sa kin, thats the time pahangin na ako. Besides you ll never know when you have 4 to 7 passengers, so better be laging handa. Those extra weight can exact a great toll sa suspension pag sobra baba psi.