New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    d_mac aside from the Racechip Pro, did you do any other modifications? Bigger intercooler, etc? Just curious as I am contemplating on doing this mod as well.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by toughie_g View Post
    d_mac aside from the Racechip Pro, did you do any other modifications? Bigger intercooler, etc? Just curious as I am contemplating on doing this mod as well.

Thanks.

No more further mod sir Toughie_g as far as the engine goes, although a lot of them at the Racechip Pro Facebook page are suggesting that plugging in a 3-inch diameter downpipe will emphasize or pronounce more the benefits from this diesel EFi chip as aside from the increased exhaust flow, thus gaining more power especially in the mid-to-upper rpm-range, it will also lower the exhaust gas temperature due to the increased pressure in the rail.

One thing also that might interest you though, is changing the stock suspension to Bilstein, even just at the rear. Will even provide you more confidence in driving faster than usual.

Cheers!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi d_mac,

2 days ago, I had my pms at Isuzu Pasig and since my car is still under warranty, I removed the racechip pro just to be sure-

After PMS, I drove my car back and re installed the racechip pro at the house. I got the limp mode signal. It is only when I adjusted it back to B-B that it was gone. So now I need to adjust it all the way up...

Question: Will racechip pro void the car's warranty?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    thanks d_mac!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    Hi d_mac,

2 days ago, I had my pms at Isuzu Pasig and since my car is still under warranty, I removed the racechip pro just to be sure-

After PMS, I drove my car back and re installed the racechip pro at the house. I got the limp mode signal. It is only when I adjusted it back to B-B that it was gone. So now I need to adjust it all the way up...

Question: Will racechip pro void the car's warranty?
    Sir Patsys, kindly make sure that when you unplug the Racechip, you should also momentarily remove and put back again the battery terminals such that your ECU is refreshed again just before you put back on the chip.

When re-plugging the Racechip, also make it a point that you start at low-level setting 9-B combination (or the default setting, i.e. 9 in the power-increment dial which is next to the screw slot and B is the breadth of distribution along the rpm-range. This dial is next to the API interface).... You have to set it up all over again as you want your engine and its controls to assimilate first with low-level settings before you head back to your previous higher settings, ONE LEVEL UP at each DIAL CONTROL AT A TIME - Kumbaga sir, huwag natin biglain ang makina ....This is quite important especially when you were already at higher-settings just before you unplug the chip.

Also, your warranty should not be void mainly because the job of the Racechip is just to increase the pressure injection from your common-rail, and it is just a minor 1st-stage intake mod - there's not even wire-splicing involve and physical altering of the ECU nor the commonrail system. The Racechip Pro is just a plug-and-play chip. Each dealer and service centre, however, have different styles, i.e. Isuzu-Inteco might have a different policy or view compared to Isuzu-Yuchengco. Since you wanna be extra careful, just unplug it for peace-of-mind and re-install it using the approach noted above.

Cheers sir!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
To all 3.0-litre DMax owners: Which diesel EFi-tuning chip is better?