New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XUV-AT2002 View Post
    Tanong uli okey naman yun pioneer stereo kaya lang wala na rin yun remote would you know alternative procedure to adjust its clock?
    hehe... yung local pioner carstereo din ng kuya ko, hanggang ngayon di ko alam magadjust sa clock. maybe try hitting two bottons together like clock+1 or clock+(+ symbol) yung ang ginawa ko sa Pioner carstereo na galing Subic.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Mga Kapatid I was able to adjust the clock stereo. Just turnoff the unit and press for a few seconds the function key then the clock will show. Then push the left-right or up-down arrow key to adjust it. I get the info from the other threads.

As to the concerns about the A/T and smoke emission meron ba kayo alam na reliable shop na expert sa A/T and diesel engine. Hindi naman "daw" agad nag ka-calibrate just because of heavy black smoke. Sayang ang power ng makina hindi translated to decent speed ang tagal mag accelerate to 100kph.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    OT: We're selling ours if anyones interested.. 2003 xuvi.. pm me if u like thanks!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    is it okey to step hard on the accelerator pedel at will to gain speed? Thanks
    IMHO, ok ito kung tumatakbo ka na talaga (say, nasa 60 ka na tapos ibabaon mo yung silinyador para bumilis). Pero kung from stationary tapos ibabaon mo agad yung silinyador para humarurot, AFAIK, mas madali daw masisira ang transmission.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hello,guys.Need help. Just got my 2nd hand XTO 2001.Gusto ko sanang i upgrade ang audio and add video ,kasi stock pa siya.Magkano kaya ang abutin ng DVD/MP3 /FM setup including monitors? Siguro gamitin ko na lang muna yong dating speakers.Thanks sa feed backs nyo.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Mga Kapatid I was able to adjust the clock stereo. Just turnoff the unit and press for a few seconds the function key then the clock will show. Then push the left-right or up-down arrow key to adjust it. I get the info from the other threads.

As to the concerns about the A/T and smoke emission meron ba kayo alam na reliable shop na expert sa A/T and diesel engine. Hindi naman "daw" agad nag ka-calibrate just because of heavy black smoke. Sayang ang power ng makina hindi translated to decent speed ang tagal mag accelerate to 100kph.
    regarding your poor acceleration concerns, I'm sure the that a/t crosswind is not that dissapointingly slow.

Imo, it's funny to say it's slow because it has only 4 gears or the elec & mech sensors are dumb and stupid.

the sensors knows when to shift exactly and even shifts quicker than us. but it's still slower than a m/t because of the torque converter that gives up a significant amount of power.

torque converter works like two Line up electric fans in a room. when one fan (engine) is turned on, and if the fans are close enough together, the other fan (tranny) will begin to turn as well. The identical process occurs in a torque converter, except that transmission fluid takes the place of air.
    and I think isuzu a/t still uses torque converter not the cvt...

btw,
    In theory, a car with a CVT should be 25-percent faster than the same car with the same engine and a manual transmission
    http://cvt.com.sapo.pt/performances/performances.htm
    http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cvt2.htm

when it comes to calibration, there is no difference between A/T and M/T fuel system. any good calibration shops will do. as long as they do not touch anything else.

[CODE]which reminds me of our disaster experience in a particular calibration shop. our A/T vehicle have it cleaned it's fuel pump and injectors. after the service, the vehicle's smoke was better. but now it takes up to 30kph before the 1st gear shifts to 2nd. the calibration shop could not do anything to solve it. days later I found out it was the vacuum pump hoses and Boost Compensator were connected very wrong. it ends up damaging the tranny.[/CODE]
    Last edited by rion; October 26th, 2006 at 05:14 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Accelerator - The new model Sportivo AT now is that when you push accelerator down the floor, it will go back to previous gear to gain momentom and speed so that it is very useful for overtaking.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportivo View Post
    Accelerator - The new model Sportivo AT now is that when you push accelerator down the floor, it will go back to previous gear to gain momentom and speed so that it is very useful for overtaking.
    aka Kickdown switch?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
About Crosswind A/T