New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    HI sirs.I am a newbie when it comes to isuzu pick-ups. I own a '92 LS pick-up and is planning to replace my headlights because of busted bulbs. The one I have right now is a sealed-beam type of headlights. Here are my questions:

1. is it possible for me to replace it with a non-sealed-beam headlights? If so, are there surplus or just replacements?

2. What kind of bulbs do you suggest for me to buy if I just want an all-weather kind of bulbs.

Thanks for the replies.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    HI sirs.I am a newbie when it comes to isuzu pick-ups. I own a '92 LS pick-up and is planning to replace my headlights because of busted bulbs. The one I have right now is a sealed-beam type of headlights. Here are my questions:

1. is it possible for me to replace it with a non-sealed-beam headlights? If so, are there surplus or just replacements? YES. There are square-type H4 headlights you can buy, brand new or surplus. Most auto supply have these. (if in QC, Banawe would be a nice place to start; if Makati/Pasay - Evangelista)

2. What kind of bulbs do you suggest for me to buy if I just want an all-weather kind of bulbs. I have tried HIDs and a good number of "Hybrid" bulbs myself. I would recommend you go BOSCH or SYLVANIA brand all-weather bulbs --- not as glamorous as the super whites but sure is more functional (and beneficial) to you specially during rainy/foggy road conditions.

Thanks for the replies.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    thanks for a quick reply. Are the H4 type of headlights come from isuzu or is it a different brand? If it is a different brand, is this free from moist build-up inside the case or perhaps water entering. Some friends tell me that there are casings that water can easily enter. Can you please enlighten me on this. How much sir is the price range of this headlight casing?

Are all-weather bulbs a type of bulb? I went to an auto shop and they are offering me NArva brand of bulbs. it only cost 180 each and the wattage is 90 watts. is this ok? I need a strong kind of bulb not compared to the sealed-beam ones but at the same time cheap. How much is the price range of BOSCH or SylVania brand?

Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks for a quick reply. Are the H4 type of headlights come from isuzu or is it a different brand? If it is a different brand, is this free from moist build-up inside the case or perhaps water entering. Some friends tell me that there are casings that water can easily enter. Can you please enlighten me on this. How much sir is the price range of this headlight casing? Brand of sealed headlamps used by ISUZU before are Koito and NEVER that these model of ISUZU pick-up used H4 type of headlamps. But that should not be a problem for there are H4 headlamps you can buy brand new or surplus. Brands vary. There are Hella and Bosch to name a few. Yes, these pass thru quality inspection so they are expected not to inhibit those that you fear (moisture, etc). Unless of course these are bad surplus that may have defects. So before purchasing (if surplus), check the H4 headlamp very well and make sure they fit your pick-up's headlamp housing.

Are all-weather bulbs a type of bulb? I went to an auto shop and they are offering me NArva brand of bulbs. it only cost 180 each and the wattage is 90 watts. is this ok? I need a strong kind of bulb not compared to the sealed-beam ones but at the same time cheap. How much is the price range of BOSCH or SylVania brand? All-weather bulb is a generic term for what KIND of bulb that is. Many brands carry this. Narva brand is I guess ok. But if you are to install 90/100 watt bulbs (OEM is 55/60), I would suggest you use bigger gauge wires (to accommodate the added electricity of the bulbs) and a relay. So even use ceramic sockets to make sure it does not melt.

Thanks again.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    thank you very much sir for your fast reply. It's a big help

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Happy to be of help. Good luck!

'92 LS Pick-up Head case question