New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sir Baker123,

tama po ba pagkakaintindi ko na either 4h 0r 4l ay ndi po pwedeng gamitin sa pave road like aspalt and

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sir Baker123,

tama po ba pagkakaintindi ko na either 4h 0r 4l ay ndi po pwedeng gamitin sa pave road like aspalt and cement? So for

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sir Baker123,

tama po ba pagkakaintindi ko na either 4h 0r 4l ay ndi po pwedeng gamitin sa pave road like aspalt and cement? So for example po sir I will go

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sir Baker123,

tama po ba pagkakaintindi ko na either 4h 0r 4l ay ndi po pwedeng gamitin sa pave road like aspalt and cement? So for example po sir I will go to bagauio through canon road I cannot engage my 4H to add more torque because of its a cement or aspalt road, its only advisable when crossing through slippery surface like crossing through grassy road. Tama po ba? And by the way sir AT trans po aq so same lng din process put the gear to neutral and then engage 4H or 4L. To dis engage stop put to neutral put to 2H and then back a bit to dis engage the hub. Tama po ba ulit?

TIA

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by batosai View Post
    Sir Baker123,

tama po ba pagkakaintindi ko na either 4h 0r 4l ay ndi po pwedeng gamitin sa pave road like aspalt and cement? So for example po sir I will go to bagauio through canon road I cannot engage my 4H to add more torque because of its a cement or aspalt road, its only advisable when crossing through slippery surface like crossing through grassy road. Tama po ba?
    TIA
    tama, hindi advisable gamitin ang 4h or 4l sa concrete or asphalt. lalo na paakyat ng baguio na paliko liko. mahaba explanation nito kung bakit hindi pwede, pero ang bottomline e masisira transfer case mo.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Ang Pagkakaalam Ko Is That U Used The 4l Pag Yung Terrain Is Medyo Difficult Of Mahirap Daanan. Tama Po Ba Mga Sir?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    2wd-dry, paved roads.
    4H-rocky, sandy, slippery terrain.
    4LO-when maximum traction is needed (steep grades, rocky, sandy or muddy roads) which require you travel at slow speed.

Part time 4wd systems should never be used in regular pavement because you will cause binding in the drivetrain.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by batosai View Post
    Sir Baker123,

tama po ba pagkakaintindi ko na either 4h 0r 4l ay ndi po pwedeng gamitin sa pave road like aspalt and cement? So for example po sir I will go to bagauio through canon road I cannot engage my 4H to add more torque because of its a cement or aspalt road, its only advisable when crossing through slippery surface like crossing through grassy road. Tama po ba? And by the way sir AT trans po aq so same lng din process put the gear to neutral and then engage 4H or 4L. To dis engage stop put to neutral put to 2H and then back a bit to dis engage the hub. Tama po ba ulit?

TIA

tama Batosai. mechanical problems (plural yan ha hehehe) aabutin mo pag ginamit mo ang 4x4 sa paved roads. kokontra kasi yung 4 wheels thats trying to rotate at the same speed. ganito ang parang short sample/ explanation. if going left turn on 4x4 mode. yung inner wheels (left side tires front and back) will rotate much less than the outside tires (which is your 2 right tires). now imagine those wheels supposedly rotating at the same speed then biglang nag karoon ng difference in rotation (kasi nga lumiliko). dun na masisira yung drivetrain system mo. lalo na at hindi sya dumudulas. hindi mag co compensate yung inner wheels sa outside wheels thats also trying to turn, but wider and more rotations. so yung axles may possiblity maputl or yung buong car mismo ang hihinto kasi hindi maka usad at nag lock yung rotation ng wheels. kumontra sila 4 tires.

regarding sa pag engage ng 4x4. yes put in neutral first then select 4hi or 4low, if from 4x2. reversing the suv is not necessary unless naka ilaw pa rin yung 4x4 sa dashboard mo. if it lits. it means its still engage. then do a reverse until 4x4 light is gone. dont forget that you should be switching to 4low ONLY when you are Completely Stop.

also have the presence of mind. minsan kasi sobrang saya playing with the 4x4 that we forget to switch back to 4x2 mode. we have a family friend with a ford F150 lariat, which they bought from my brother. uncle went to the farm. switch to 4low (para daw sigurado di sya mabalaho) then to the fields and such. after a while. fuel was going empty. so he went to the gas station. while in the highway (his house is near the highway so straight lang sya) he was wondering why the truck somehow lost speed. seeing he was nearing empty. he taught maybe because he was low on fuel. and so he went. full tank after. when trying to leave the gas station is when he really felt that tires fighting. then he realized he was in 4low. they had to call casa to fix it. there were signs of overheating sa fluids ng drive train. pinalitan differential.

oh yea. he did this twice. hahaha. tinanggal na ng Ford Casa yung 4x4 differential nya para walang accidents. ayun 4x2 nalang sya. di pa rin naman na babalaho. next tiem ill check if the switch is still on 4low. hehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
4wd how to engage