New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FYR View Post

ok sir thanks a lot i'll shift to petron then much cheaper dito sa cavite.
    Since we're at it, share ko lang. Saw this en route to Tagaytay earlier today:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi!

I'm just new here in Tsikot! I just want to ask if what's the best to use for change oil for Isuzu Trooper '03, 3.0L, AT. Last change oil ko kasi was in Shell-Timog.

Another concern ko is that pag narddrive ako and umaabot speed ko ng 110-130km/h is it normal na magzero (0) yung oil guage ko? pls give advice.

Thanks a lot Tsikoters!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by talatulala View Post
    Hi!

I'm just new here in Tsikot! I just want to ask if what's the best to use for change oil for Isuzu Trooper '03, 3.0L, AT. Last change oil ko kasi was in Shell-Timog.

Another concern ko is that pag narddrive ako and umaabot speed ko ng 110-130km/h is it normal na magzero (0) yung oil guage ko? pls give advice.

Thanks a lot Tsikoters!
    No, it's not normal. What kind of oil (particularly the viscosity rating) are you using? I would suggest that you bring it to a CASA or reputable shop with Tech2 gadget to determine what is causing that faulty reading in your oil gauge. Could be a case of a shot or defective relay or sensor.... but it's difficult to self medicate. Tech2 would confirm that.

My 2 cents.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Though Isuzu stopped the production of their trooper line, are they still producing parts for the trooper line?

are parts for the trooper (4jx1 or 4jg2) still very much available in the market? (e.g. casa or auto shops)

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by racedriver View Post
    Though Isuzu stopped the production of their trooper line, are they still producing parts for the trooper line?

are parts for the trooper (4jx1 or 4jg2) still very much available in the market? (e.g. casa or auto shops)

Thanks!
    Yes bro very much available lalo na ang 4jg2 daming replacement parts.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nap123 View Post
    Yes bro very much available lalo na ang 4jg2 daming replacement parts.
    Yes. And from my knowledge, manufacturers should make sure there are parts (maintenance/collision) available for 10 years since last production....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    No, it's not normal. What kind of oil (particularly the viscosity rating) are you using? I would suggest that you bring it to a CASA or reputable shop with Tech2 gadget to determine what is causing that faulty reading in your oil gauge. Could be a case of a shot or defective relay or sensor.... but it's difficult to self medicate. Tech2 would confirm that.

My 2 cents.
    Hello Benzmizer! Thanks for the reply. I would like to ask if you can suggest me an auto shop with Tech2 gadget? I'm still observing if the trouble with the gauge would happen again. So far, all good naman. Do you also own a Trooper? I hope you don't mind me asking.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by talatulala View Post
    Hello Benzmizer! Thanks for the reply. I would like to ask if you can suggest me an auto shop with Tech2 gadget? I'm still observing if the trouble with the gauge would happen again. So far, all good naman. Do you also own a Trooper? I hope you don't mind me asking.
    Yes I do. A 2005. I had experienced a similar case before. Had Tech2 run it and saw that the sensor was shot. Had it replaced.

To be accurate about it, bring it sa CASA na lang. That's what I did. I don't think naman the CASA would charge you much if you let them run the Tech2 on your Trooper.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    My '02 Isuzu Trooper (mileage 58K) stalled yesterday while I was driving. I was able to restart the car and run it (it was a slow crawl) til I reach a safe place to park it. There was black smoke coming out from the exhaust everytime I hit the accelerator. After that it won't start already. Initial diagnosis by the mechanic is that the oil is mixing with the fuel (dreaded injector problem). I guess I am the latest victim of the 4jx1 problem. Several years ago, I contacted the Isuzu dealership to inquire about the recall, whether my car was subject to it. They said that my VIN was not included in the recall and that only models 2003 up were part of the recall. My question is if the fault of my car is due to the 4jx1 problem, can I ask for free replacement of the injector? To thos who had their injectors replaced: is it better to sell this car then keeping it and incur repairs in the future?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kewl_head View Post
    My '02 Isuzu Trooper (mileage 58K) stalled yesterday while I was driving. I was able to restart the car and run it (it was a slow crawl) til I reach a safe place to park it. There was black smoke coming out from the exhaust everytime I hit the accelerator. After that it won't start already. Initial diagnosis by the mechanic is that the oil is mixing with the fuel (dreaded injector problem). I guess I am the latest victim of the 4jx1 problem. Several years ago, I contacted the Isuzu dealership to inquire about the recall, whether my car was subject to it. They said that my VIN was not included in the recall and that only models 2003 up were part of the recall. My question is if the fault of my car is due to the 4jx1 problem, can I ask for free replacement of the injector? To thos who had their injectors replaced: is it better to sell this car then keeping it and incur repairs in the future?
    kewl_head,
    i think that's injector problem... That was also mentioned by SA when I brought my 2003 Trooper during 60KM PMS. So, they replaced the O-ring & charge me less than 2K including the labor. I think this is also part of the silent recall. Prior to that, I always mentioning this to them to replace the o-ring due to excessive smoke on my trooper. At last, during the 60Km check, they replaced it. As of now, my trooper is * 88Km & doing fine.
    Are you the 1st owner? Did you regularly send your trooper for PMS in the casa where you bought your trooper? I think you can still ask for a recall...it is not based on the year but based on the engine 4jx1.

...also,my trooper is casa maintained & have been using multi-z 10w30 engine oil.

4JX1 - Isuzu Trooper troubles already resolved?