New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Guys - has anyone tried a brand new cyl head na made in korea?

Ok, specifics ... the cyl head of my 4jG2-T has cracked. Tagusan ito at di na advisable gamitin. As advised sa machine shop, may remedy naman pero in the long run, kelangan pa rin palitan. A brand new one costs around 60K sa banawe, di pasya package, i.e. with valves rockers etc. A surplus head with all the valves and other head components can go as low as25k to as high 45k. tapos papa reface and crack test etc mo pa. Now comes another option, made in korea daw and they are willing to give 1 month warranty. costs around 23k to 30k and it's available in Baguio and Pampanga.

Now going back, has anyone tried? have you had problems? Please share your experiences. Will appreciate any response. Gandang Umaga!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Good morning. Boss, trooper engine po ba yun sa inyo? I would like to share my experience. I have a 4d56 diesel engine po. Same as your problem. I learned it the hard way kaya malaki gastos ko. Sa casa they told me na replace cylinder head but i ask for a second opinion with my friend who works at machine shop. In short , they repair my cylinder hear kasi pasok pa sa limit or specs. 'resurface' and hydro test po lahat ang ginawa. It cost me around 3k. IMO, try to bring po yung cylinder head nyo sa respectable machine shop( sunday machine shop or dbm -dito ako nag
    pa check at canvass) for check up. Free naman po ito. If they decided na replace, thats the time na bumili kayo ng bago.

My engine kasi is mitsubishi and pwede rin gamitin made in korea cylinder head( mitsubishi is the distributor of engine of hyundai) like the old starex engine. Have no idea sa isuzu engines. Good luck.. Peace=)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Tj_abs - Thanks for sharing your experience. It is appreciated.

Yes it is a trooper engine and it's the older version. Actually yung machine shop na din nag bigay ng option na palitan na kasi tagusan na yung crack nya.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Your welcome=) Boss, my vehicle's mileage is already 180t km. If thats the case you need to replace your cylinder head. My advice po if in case you will buy a surplus cylinder, bring a mechanic to inspect and check kung good condition and compatible to your vehicle. Hope this help. Good luck. God bless.=)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks again Tj_abs. Any other inputs will be much appreciated. TIA.

4jG2 Cylinder Head Block