New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Isuzu Philippines will probably cut back the number of airbags for this model from Thailand.

They have made 2 airbags as a safety standard after all.

Since 2015, Isuzu Philippines president is Hajime Koso.

Question is, will he change his company's dual SRS airbags policy?

2. Join Date
    May 2016
    For Thai market, only Mu-X Onyx 4x2 gets the 6 airbags. Rest of the range only gets dual SRS, even the 4x4 Blue Power. So same as ours as we don't have the Onyx.

Even for the all-new D-Max, dual SRS is still standard in Thai, with only the M grade getting 6 SRS. Thai market doesn't see safety as a top priority much like ours. Even Pajero Sport gets the same treatment with 4x4 having 7 SRS while 4x2 GT and GT premium has 2.

Meanwhile Australian Mu-X gets the 6 SRS as standard while all-new D-Max comes fully loaded with active safety features, even stereoscopic cameras for AEB and lane-keep function, to comply with ANCAP.

So our chance of getting world-class safety features is through government mandate or if market leader implements it and the rest follow the leader. We're seeing it with newer Toyota models getting 7 SRS, with TOTL getting safety sense. I think Thai Fortuner update also gets 7 SRS as standard, so we can expect ours to have the same.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    For Thai market, only Mu-X Onyx 4x2 gets the 6 airbags. Rest of the range only gets dual SRS, even the 4x4 Blue Power. So same as ours as we don't have the Onyx.

Even for the all-new D-Max, dual SRS is still standard in Thai, with only the M grade getting 6 SRS. Thai market doesn't see safety as a top priority much like ours. Even Pajero Sport gets the same treatment with 4x4 having 7 SRS while 4x2 GT and GT premium has 2.

Meanwhile Australian Mu-X gets the 6 SRS as standard while all-new D-Max comes fully loaded with active safety features, even stereoscopic cameras for AEB and lane-keep function, to comply with ANCAP.

So our chance of getting world-class safety features is through government mandate or if market leader implements it and the rest follow the leader. We're seeing it with newer Toyota models getting 7 SRS, with TOTL getting safety sense. I think Thai Fortuner update also gets 7 SRS as standard, so we can expect ours to have the same.
    a good read bro

I was looking at the new fortuner in thailand, meron pedestrian and cyclist detection and pre-collision warning. but the automatic emergency braking is still missing. it also features lane departure warning with steering assist. It will still sell well LOL

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    a good read bro

I was looking at the new fortuner in thailand, meron pedestrian and cyclist detection and pre-collision warning. but the automatic emergency braking is still missing. it also features lane departure warning with steering assist. It will still sell well LOL
    Bro I think Safety Sense is these three bundled together. Pre-Collision system is basically AEB, with pedestrian & object detection. Together with lane departure, radar cruise control.

I haven't seen TSS without AEB yet. Even our local Super Grandia and Altis Hybrid have those three with the TSS system.

Anyway, going back to the Mu-X, if the D-Max is any indication, we can expect a class-leading interior, its weakest point before. Then EPS and reach-adjustable steering which are vastly underrated ergonomics upgrades.

If we see the all-new D-Max this year locally, chances are a 2022 PH release if we base it on previous generation's timeline.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Bro I think Safety Sense is these three bundled together. Pre-Collision system is basically AEB, with pedestrian & object detection. Together with lane departure, radar cruise control.

I haven't seen TSS without AEB yet. Even our local Super Grandia and Altis Hybrid have those three with the TSS system.

Anyway, going back to the Mu-X, if the D-Max is any indication, we can expect a class-leading interior, its weakest point before. Then EPS and reach-adjustable steering which are vastly underrated ergonomics upgrades.

If we see the all-new D-Max this year locally, chances are a 2022 PH release if we base it on previous generation's timeline.
    I double checked meron nga AEB yun PCS.

Isuzu will target the High selling Prado and Everest in Australia. This excites me the most.

They already did an excellent job with their Ranger/Hilux fighting Dmax.

With their Gen1-MUX design experience. Hopefully the 3rd row is improved more.

I think with all these information and feedback, they have an excellent product coming.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Knowing IPC, only the top spec variants will most likely get the full Intelligent Driver Assistance System, that's if they'll even bring those in pa since the D-MAX got a huge price increase in AU.

Hopefully IPC will ditch AVT and use their in-house infotainment unit this time for the all-new mu-X and D-MAX. It's about time both these hardworking trucks step up their game in safety, overall comfort and tech.

My screen mirroring module add-on suddenly stopped working after less than 2 years, that's on top of the supper buggy head unit. 2022 Isuzu MU-X [2nd Generation]

Sent from my H8266 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    Knowing IPC, only the top spec variants will most likely get the full Intelligent Driver Assistance System, that's if they'll even bring those in pa since the D-MAX got a huge price increase in AU.

Hopefully IPC will ditch AVT and use their in-house infotainment unit this time for the all-new mu-X and D-MAX. It's about time both these hardworking trucks step up their game in safety, overall comfort and tech.

My screen mirroring module add-on suddenly stopped working after less than 2 years, that's on top of the supper buggy head unit. 2022 Isuzu MU-X [2nd Generation]

Sent from my H8266 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    didn't realize the safety suite is from Hitachi. aka Subaru Eyesight Gen 6?

Can't wait to see Isuzu rank with the Hilux and Rangers in australian sales news

8. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    didn't realize the safety suite is from Hitachi. aka Subaru Eyesight Gen 6?

Can't wait to see Isuzu rank with the Hilux and Rangers in australian sales news
    That probably explains stereoscopic cameras. Much more advanced than the radar module only seen in Montero.

I think it's highly likely the D-Max can share the top spot in AU. It's already #1 in Thailand, the biggest 1-ton truck market in the world. I read a few months ago, the D-Max outsold all other trucks in Thailand combined.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012

I'm not sure if this is verified information. but it seems Isuzu is stepping up in Thailand. they're standardizing stability control.

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast