New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    I WANT IT HUWAAAW!

That's more than good-enough for me for a utility pickup, and still an improvement from the current 4JJ1-TCX VGS, from 163 metric-hp to 180 metric-hp (if that is really 177 hp). For a body that weighs say 2650 kg, that is an increase of power-to-weight ratio of 69.23 ps per tonne.

The current Philippine DMax's power-to-weight ratio is only 55.01 ps per tonne.

At a hindsight Boss Ry_Tower, my Yamaha YZ250 2-stroke though produces 47 hp and it weighs only 95.7 kg. So just imagine how much power-to-weight ratio i get each time i hit the dirtroads in the mountains ....LOVELY-JUBBLY!

Oo nga, almost 26% improvement, which would translate to better FC, better towing and loading capacity.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    I don't like the Front Grille. Overdone, IMHO. pero everything looks nice!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004

Okay naman ang new D-Max..It shares the same platform with the new generation Chevrolet Colorado.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    I don't like the Front Grille. Overdone, IMHO. pero everything looks nice!
    Me like it a sir.... Looks like a mongrel of Chevy Colorado-Acura MDX-Mercedes/Ssangyong labo-labo all-in-one haha!!!!

With all the high-note publicity about it now from just a rumour way back early 2011, i hope Isuzu Phils. brings it here by 2012 (Kahit by-passed na ang DMax VGS Turbo 4JJ1-TCX haha! )

Will come out daw October 2011 in Thailand ---- see "Isuzu DMax - ang pickup ng mga guwapo" at Facebook.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post

Okay naman ang new D-Max..It shares the same platform with the new generation Chevrolet Colorado.

Isuzu D-Max – all-new model makes debut in Thailand

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    baka sa personal maganda to. for me mejo may pag ka china car ung ulo sa mga pix e. me thinks ilalabas to dito sa pilipinas. before the ranger t6 launch.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    eto sir, hindi na china2x ang dating..

macho!

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    from motioncars forum posted by koku

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ Familiar yung rims, parang sa Toyota fort din. Pero maluwang na talaga rear ha & I like the dashboard.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    ^ Familiar yung rims, parang sa Toyota fort din. Pero maluwang na talaga rear ha & I like the dashboard.
    Boss Ry, uhmmm.... now, i'm seeing more of it inside-out. i like the exterior but i may NOT like the interior, especially if i'm the one driving. i see a dashboard quite similar to the Strada/ Triton and Monterosport which i don't like.... Plus the front-side panels of the body holding the windshield looks so slopey forward where peripheral vision suffers, again which i really really hate. i have never come to terms with this thing while even on a daily-basis i have to drive a Triton in my workplace amongst all other utility pickups like the DMax and the Hilux, my in-laws Monterosport, and now my wife's newly-purchased Innova D4-D. Particularly at night time, i hate driving all these said vehicles, and yes, also the Innova! ....By the way, she was issued the Innova (service vehicle replacing the 2003 Crosswind) before i got my recent fieldbreak.

This is the reason why i have always liked the DMax/ Alterra (the 4JH1-TC and the 4JJ1-TC to the 4JJ1-TCX bodies), and the Hilux/ Fortuner body, because i have a better forward, peripheral-and-frontal visions all-together.... i can go much faster driving any of them, squeezing through traffics, and at night times, no problems at all.... Least to say, i have more confidence driving them.

i hope Isuzu doesn't fall too much into the trend where every car manufacturer wants to look every bit modern like the majority (very slopey cars, where some are even slopey in a funny way, some are even egg-shaped! ) ....Hope the new Isuzu RT-50 is not so slopey, ganda pa naman ang engine HUWAAAW....

Unless i see the RT-50 in person and feel it from the inside as the driver, i still like the current DMax body, but this is just me ;)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast