New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    I wanted to install a dashmat / dashboard cover on my 2007 Starex and I was wondering where do you buy this?

Or do you in fact have this custom made from a tailoring shop or something?

Also my Starex's tint has faded due to age so it gets really hot even with the aircon on full blast thus the idea of a dash mat / dashboard cover.

I've been told this helps with the heat. Or I'm understanding this incorrectly and the dash mat / dashboard covers are actually just for protection of the plastic dashboard?

I'm from Cebu by the way so ideas on where to buy or have this built locally would be very much appreciated. :D

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
    I wanted to install a dashmat / dashboard cover on my 2007 Starex and I was wondering where do you buy this?

Also my Starex's tint has faded due to age so it gets really hot even with the aircon on full blast thus the idea of a dash mat / dashboard cover.

I've been told this helps with the heat. Or I'm understanding this incorrectly and the dash mat / dashboard covers are actually just for protection of the plastic dashboard?

I'm from Cebu by the way so ideas on where to buy or have this built locally would be very much appreciated. :D

Thanks.
    Just change the tint. Dashmate is useless.

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Dashmats are dust magnets. They will even scratch up your dashboard when mishandled.

I second Master Falken's suggestion. Change the tint with one that has a high TSER rating.

Sent from my vivo 1901 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Dashmats are dust magnets. They will even scratch up your dashboard when mishandled.

I second Master Falken's suggestion. Change the tint with one that has a high TSER rating.

Sent from my vivo 1901 using Tapatalk
    Higher tser is relative to darker color bah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Higher tser is relative to darker color bah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe so bossing. I'm no expert though, I just know that a higher TSER rating gives better heat rejection.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Just change the tint. Dashmate is useless.

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk
    Lots of taxis here sport them though so I thought they did help. Thanks for the information.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Thanks.
    i used to have a dashboard mat in my previous car.
    temp-wise, it didn't help, in my opinion.
    but it did prevent some loose items from rolling down the otherwise smooth dashboard.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010

Thanks.
    Bai try nimo sa blade sa L2 SM Cebu, or sa ACE sulod sa SM hypermart.