New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Look into Lysol & good ol' Arm & Hammer baking soda, too.
    https://shopee.ph/product/44073973/8...866?smtt=0.0.9

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Expensive baking soda, just like Mr. Clean magic eraser is an expensive melamine block What A Big Mess!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Expensive baking soda, just like Mr. Clean magic eraser is an expensive melamine block What A Big Mess!

Fancy scented.What A Big Mess!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think a window visor would have prevented the water intrusion if open only for about 3mm. I am guessing the car has no window visor?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    This might help...get an electric extension cord and plugged a UVC lamp..Turn on the Blower and set the UVC Lamp for 30mins. Ensure all windows are closed and fresh air intake Louvre in closed position..Leave it for a couple of hours. For Sure all Fungi bacteria colonies will be gone. The UVC rays and Ozone will kill them all. Ventilate it before you need to use your cars. Maganda expose mo din sa UVC ang trunk.

Effective yan and tried it sa mga cars ko warning lang need mo alisin muna mga car perfume/freshener kase na deactivate nya yun smell.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    This might help...get an electric extension cord and plugged a UVC lamp..Turn on the Blower and set the UVC Lamp for 30mins. Ensure all windows are closed and fresh air intake Louvre in closed position..Leave it for a couple of hours. For Sure all Fungi bacteria colonies will be gone. The UVC rays and Ozone will kill them all. Ventilate it before you need to use your cars. Maganda expose mo din sa UVC ang trunk.

Effective yan and tried it sa mga cars ko warning lang need mo alisin muna mga car perfume/freshener kase na deactivate nya yun smell.

Thank you for your suggestion. I already have this one:

I will use it next time I come back home. It seems like that there's little to no smell at all, the last time I used the car. I'll surely know it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by tigkal View Post
    I think a window visor would have prevented the water intrusion if open only for about 3mm. I am guessing the car has no window visor?

Right.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Look into Lysol & good ol' Arm & Hammer baking soda, too.
    https://shopee.ph/product/44073973/8...866?smtt=0.0.9

Added to cart! What A Big Mess!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tigkal View Post
    it probably helps.

when the hot car is bathed in rain, the resulting lower temperature inside creates lower pressure inside, and tends to suck in rain water thru slightly-open windows.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Again?!? That means it's not your first time. I got that when I left it for four months or so.

I just used Gtechniq I2 to get rid of these pesky molds for good.

The molds in this car usually appear during the rainy season. I sprayed I2 on the carpets and wiped all the surfaces inside the cabin.

Sweaty hands can leave a lot nasty bacteria inside your car's cabin. Always ask passengers to sanitize their hands before getting inside the car What A Big Mess!20201114_085245.jpg20201114_085255.jpg

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I also use this steam deo for peace of mind with keeping the A/C free of fungus and nasty stuff that can make people sneeze inside the car.

Also I require everyone to wear masks before getting inside the car. I will likely keep this practice post pandemic What A Big Mess!screenshot_20210614-200059_lazada.jpg

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post

Ordinary baking soda is good enough for getting rid of nasty smell, but will not disinfect the carpets. Eventually molds will be back during the rainy season.

A thorough carpet detailing will be needed to get rid of those gremlins.

I find dehumidifier like those found at blade and ace hardware ineffective. Sprinkling some baking soda and sucking these with a vacuum cleaner every week is more effective at least in my experience.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast