New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Good thing you mentioned about the tire pressure. It is recommended to have it a bit higher than the usual, to avoid "flat spot". Otherwise, you drive around every other week.
    Grab a set of these...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Archerfish, guess what? I had a big mess as well. My dad left the windows of his crv slightly open and there was a sudden downpour of heavy rain last Sunday lunchtime. My dad didn't bother with how to clean up the mess.

And this is what I did. I sprinkled a very generous amount of baking soda all over the carpet!

20210629_123542.jpg20210629_123555.jpg20210629_123606.jpg20210629_123620.jpg

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    With that kind of mess, I now feel fortunate with what happened to me.
    [emoji3]

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Archerfish, guess what? I had a big mess as well. My dad left the windows of his crv slightly open and there was a sudden downpour of heavy rain last Sunday lunchtime. My dad didn't bother with how to clean up the mess.

And this is what I did. I sprinkled a very generous amount of baking soda all over the carpet!

20210629_123542.jpg20210629_123555.jpg20210629_123606.jpg20210629_123620.jpg
    i am now curious,
    how do you intend to clean it up?

had this wet-carpet syndrome happened to my car,
    i would have probably poured a generous amount of ordinary alcohol into the carpetings,
    then parked the car sideways at an incline, under the hot sun, windows (and doors if possible) open, to dry.
    basahanin yung tagiliran from time to time, to drain dry the collected liquid.

but i do hope i wouldn't have to try it...
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 30th, 2021 at 08:35 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Thanks for the reply, while we are on the topic of garage queens, what's the proper way to keep them running well when you need them? Use/run them every week/month? Charge the battery every? My first time to have a garage queen, as a backup to our new but for reliability observation, Ford territory. I would have sold this immediately if I bought a reliable jap brand hehe...

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    All our rides have covered garage. No street parking for me.

Drive our rides around the village for about 4km daily with our youngest kid, doubling as bonding time.

Keep a pack of charcoal inside the vehicles.

Maintain tyre pressure 1-2 psi above recommended.

Full charge the batteries every 3-4 months

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Uh-oh, drive all your rides daily!, I guess it takes you almost half day to do that, but I guess if your garage is like a big parking lot with all parallel parked, madali lang [emoji4]

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Uh-oh, drive all your rides daily!, I guess it takes you almost half day to do that, but I guess if your garage is like a big parking lot with all parallel parked, madali lang [emoji4]

Parang kung ng Brunei diba or Saudi. Sabi nun mga Filipino na drivers it will took them whole day to just start all the vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am now curious,
    how do you intend to clean it up?

had this wet-carpet syndrome happened to my car,
    i would have probably poured a generous amount of ordinary alcohol into the carpetings,
    then parked the car sideways at an incline, under the hot sun, windows (and doors if possible) open, to dry.
    basahanin yung tagiliran from time to time, to drain dry the collected liquid.

but i do hope i wouldn't have to try it...
    heh heh.
    Just use a dry/wet vacuum cleaner it should be fine. It's no different with house carpet cleaning.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567