New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^I have the 45L Ridgid, sulit sa lakas ng 5HP motor pero mahirap humanap ng filter bag at accessories for its 61mm hose.

Dowell, 3D, and Imarflex mga China maingay motor pero universal yung 32mm hose-swak yung Filter bag ng Shopvac 90661 20-30L na pwede din sa Bosch GAS 11-21 35mm hose dahil flexible yung orifice.
    Holy crap 5hp? Why the huge motor bro?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Holy crap 5hp? Why the huge motor bro?
    Its an industrial-grade vac bro under Emerson. Surely it can suck even the stickiest animal fur in the car. Hehe..It says 227 air Watts at 141 CFM, maybe the 5HP is for full-load/clogged filter.
    Last edited by 12vdc; July 13th, 2020 at 12:00 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I dropped by Abensons earlier just to check how much better the newest Dyson V11 is compared to older models. The sales rep did not even know how many Air Watts the V11 has, or how many KPa, or even the battery life at different settings.

His exact words, "Ang turo lang po sa amin kung paano idemo yung mga attachments."

The Dysons set themselves apart from cheaper brands like Xiaomi because of the superior suction power paired with good battery life, but if these sales reps can't highlight that then it seems that people are buying these expensive vacuums without knowing that cheaper options also fulfill the functionality of cordless vacuums at 1/3 the price.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; September 15th, 2020 at 01:31 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Retail sales people have low salary grades. There is no technical competence required i believe. But! Dyson is a leading tech company. Oh well....

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I recently bought a cordless vacuum cleaner and so far have been happy with the purchase as it makes it much more convenient to clean our home. Biggest benefit is because you can clean in small doses with little effort, dust never accumulates to the level that needs heavy cleaning.
    Sharing my buying process in case anyone else is in the market. First of course is to know what matters when checking vacuum cleaner specs. Primary things to look for are suction power (measured in Air Watts (AW) or pressure (kPa)) and battery life.

It's important to note both standard and max suction/battery life. Marketing materials are slightly dishonest because they highlight max suction and max battery life, when in reality you only have 8 min of battery life on max suction and max battery life is only available in standard suction which is the more important number.

Also good to look at ergonomics (weight, handle design, canister emptying process) and attachments included.
    Cordless vacuums range from 3k China-branded models to 50k Dysons, but the sweet spot for the best price/performance ratio is around 10k.

The ff. were my shortlist when I was buying:

4th place - Xiaomi Deerma VC20 Plus
    • Php 3,200
    • 8 kPa max suction, 5.5 kPa normal mode
    • Battery life: 30 min (normal), 18 min (max)• Lightweight vacuum with a minimalist design, 3 attachments, and a cheap price. It's biggest drawback is that 8 kPa is barely enough for light dirt and might not be sufficient for carpet cleaning.

3rd place - Xiaomi Mi Handheld Vacuum
    • Php 10,500
    • 100 AW (20 kPa) max, 25 AW (10 kPa) normal mode
    • Battery life: 30 min (normal), 8 min (max)• Specs, battery life, and even design are comparable to a Dyson V6, for 1/3 the price. Also sold in official Xiaomi store at 13k but comes with 1 year warranty.

2nd place - Anker Homevac S11 Go
    • Php 16,200 (Php 10,100 during 9.9 sale)
    • 120 AW (20 kPa) max suction, 33 AW (12 kPa) normal mode
    • Battery life: 25 min (normal), 8 min (max)• Just like the Xiaomi, this is Dyson-level performance for 1/3 the price. Advantage is that this has 18 months warranty from Anker, and comes with more attachments.

1st place - Xiaomi Deerma VC25
    • Php 4,600
    • 10 kPa max, 6 kPa normal mode
    • Battery life: 35 min (normal), 20 min (max)• While the Anker S11 is the better performer and should be the top pick if you only have 1 vacuum and/or have a bigger home, the Deerma VC25 is less than half the price and has sufficient performance for smaller homes, especially if you already have a robovac. You can run it on max mode all the time and still get 20 minutes of cleaning time which is sufficient.

Wildcard (and my eventual choice) - secondhand Dyson DC35
    • Php 7,000
    • 65 AW (16 kPa) max suction, 28 AW (11 kPa) normal mode
    • Battery life: 15 min (normal), 7 min (max)
    I was set on buying the Xiaomi VC25 but I chanced upon this listing on FB marketplace. Instead of buying a Chinese vacuum that benchmarks Dyson, why not get a Dyson instead. At 1/4 the price of a new one, I thought it was a pretty good deal. Sure it's an older model but it gets the job done.

Lower battery life vs the newer Dysons and Xiaomis but since I only use it as a supplementary vacuum to my robovac, it fits my needs well. Suction power in normal mode is enough even for carpets but good to have the max mode for stubborn dirt.

While these listings are rare, you can get slightly used demo units of the Dyson V6 or V7 for 10-13k from quite a number of sellers online.

All in all, very happy with my purchase as I clean up almost on a daily basis since it takes less than 5 minutes to spot clean any dirt. I pair it with my robovac that I run twice a week.

Last edited by jut703; September 18th, 2020 at 02:35 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    mukang ok yan Xiaomi Deerma VC25. pwede sa bahay, pwede din sa sasakyan. mas madali pa gamitin. pero may mga review sa lazada na hindi daw ganun kalakas as advertised?

maganda sana ung dyson yan pala un nakikita ko lang sa sm dati akala ko kung ano un pala vacuum. pricey nga lang.

currently ang gamit namin is american heritage ahvc-2092 (1200w) and it does the job naman, altho may punit na ung bag niya sa katagalan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me pwede pang condo pero pag sa bahay I'd still go for the traditional shop vac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiro View Post
    mukang ok yan Xiaomi Deerma VC25. pwede sa bahay, pwede din sa sasakyan. mas madali pa gamitin. pero may mga review sa lazada na hindi daw ganun kalakas as advertised?

maganda sana ung dyson yan pala un nakikita ko lang sa sm dati akala ko kung ano un pala vacuum. pricey nga lang.

currently ang gamit namin is american heritage ahvc-2092 (1200w) and it does the job naman, altho may punit na ung bag niya sa katagalan.
    VC20 yung maraming review na hindi kalakasan. But it says so naman sa specs, 5.5kPa lang vs Dyson na nasa 11kPa in normal mode palang, 20kPa pag max mode. That's why it's important to check specs before buying.

The new VC25 is stronger (6 kPa normal, 10 kPa max) so you can compare yung max ng VC25 to normal mode ng Dyson/Anker/Xiaomi 1C.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    For me pwede pang condo pero pag sa bahay I'd still go for the traditional shop vac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Malaki shopvac so matakaw sa space and maingay. Hassle iset up kasi sasaksak mo pa tapos lipat saksakan every time lilipat ng spot. Then di siya versatile enough para sa mga agiw sa ceiling or other corners. Advantage of course is stronger suction siya (comparable to Dyson max mode) - so if you need that much suction all the time then a wired vacuum is necessary.

A friend of mine bahay naman siya (mga 500 sqm) but uses her Dyson V8. Longer runtime yun, 40 min on normal mode at 22 AW (9 kPA). Yung 40 min runtime is about 2 hours of cleaning kasi hindi naman laging naka-on yung vacuum, only when you click the trigger.

Shopvac pang deep cleaning yung maghapon maglilinis yung huanaps mo, cordless vacuum more than sufficient na if regularly scheduled cleaning like weekly or every few days.

Last edited by jut703; September 18th, 2020 at 01:30 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *jut703 - thanks sa inputs sir. i think ok na din ung xiaomi vc25 for its price/specs. pang kwarto at pang sasakyan, portable din kasi. else, sa price niya ung shopvac micro 10L ok na din. gumagana pa naman ung american heritage namin. naghahanap lang ako ng bago.

Vacuum cleaners : bang for the buck brands?