New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alvinthedrummer View Post
    so how are they now? any signs of discoloration? I'm thinkin about that too because nothing's makin it any better, it still stinks and also I'm afraid the leather upholstered (if ever) in the shift knob and handbrake lever will fade.
    Besides discoloration and stinky odor, the stitch also gets ruined after some time

If my memory serves me right, you'll spend around 5k for the chrome Momo shift knob and handbrake handle...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beige Shiftknob? The closest you can get are the wooden ones like the Phantom Briarwood Shift Knob...then match it with a Pit Lane Chrome Red handbrake handle.. Just dunno if these are sold locally...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by alvinthedrummer View Post
    so how are they now? any signs of discoloration? I'm thinkin about that too because nothing's makin it any better, it still stinks and also I'm afraid the leather upholstered (if ever) in the shift knob and handbrake lever will fade.
    I had the same problem when I recently bought an adventure from a family friend. The hand brake and the shift knob stinks and discolored.

For the shift knob I immediately replaced (cost around 600 pesos only)it. and for the handle, I thoroughly cleaned it removed the stink and put a Type R lever cover.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Shiftknob & Handbrake handle discoloration