New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bombitmd View Post
    Two quick questions lang po:

1) Pareho lang ba yung microfiber towels na available sa department stores dun sa microfiber na ginagamit niyo para sa kotse? Na sa P12-17 lang kasi yung sa department store eh

2) Yung wash mitt, I bought one sa concorde. What's the texture supposed to be like? Yung sa akin parang magaspang yung feeling eh. I saw sa Youtube kasi yung gamit lamb's wool yung wash mitt niya, super lambot siguro. Any brand wash mitt you can recommend? Thanks!
    1 )Hindi maganda yung nasa mga department stores, may nabili ako dati 3 for 100, nung tumagal eh parang matigas na yung mga fibers nya. Ok sya kung pang interior lang pero kung pang exterior dapat yung mga microtex na MF towels. Yung mga microtex MF's ko maganda pa din ung fibers nya kahit more than 1 year na.

2 ) I recommend california Wash mitts.

http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?im...0407658926.gif

Makapal ung mga fibers nya and soft. Nakabili ako sa pricesmart ng isang set nasa 1,200 pesos 3 MF Washmitts and 2 MF drying towels. Sulit na kasi ung microtex na elite 800 towel pa lang

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yeah, will probably just limit it's use for the interior. Thanks! Sige, tingin din ako sa Pricesmart; good bargain yun ah. The Cal wash mitt does look good. Thanks uli! :D

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    aside from the cleaning materials and equipments, you must have the:

time
    patience, and
    determination

to clean your car beacause if you don't, you might as well be better off spending your money on other accessories.

i bought a lot of stuff, but since it took me at least 2 hrs a session, i gave up. ngayon sa big bert's ko na lang inaasa pagpapalinis ng auto ko.

the thing that i find most useful sa mga binili ko e car duster (microtex). pag medyo malinis pa at maalikabok lang naman, i dust it tapos car cover, proteksyon laban sa bwisit na mga ligaw na pusa.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    real chamois (pronounced "shammi") is leather that's treated. can be used for cars but very difficult to source. what most people use e yung synthetic chamois. eto yung nabibili sa Ace, True Value, Handyman, etc. sa mga supermarket meron din yata. maraming brands yan. pili ka na lang.

as for mf (microfiber) towels, most will recommend the microtex brand esp yung pink/fuschia colored one.

for quick detailers, spray yan na available from your suking mall hardware store. maraming brands. most people use eagle one, mothers, meguiars (pronounced "magwires" sa US ), etc.

i thought it's pronounced as "shamwa"

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    i thought it's pronounced as "shamwa"
    With the meaning 'wash leather' this word is pronounced [shammy], but with the 'animal' meaning (a kind of goat antelope) it is pronounced [sham-wah], more like the French original.

HTH.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    patience and a looooooooooooot of free time.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    kung ako ang tatanungin! ang number one kong kailangan or must haves ay isang driver or maid na maglilinis at mag wa-wax ng kotse namin. coz we have four cars in the garage and i guess that would be an overkill to clean and wax them all....hehehehe, maraming salamat sa mga posts, they were helpful. makabili nga nung MF, pwede bang labhan yun after gamitin? hindi ba magbabago ang performance pag ni-laundry sa machine? baka hindi na siya magandang pampunas sa kotse. right now, i use MF pangtanggal ng wax and pampakintab sa kotse after putting wax. i use cheap MF sa pampatuyo ng kotse after washing, am i correct sa washing pattern ko? thanks

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I'm no pro at washing and detailing. That said, this is what I use at home.

1. Car shampoo - I use Simoniz's Wash & Wax.
    2. Car wax - I use Simoniz's Max Wax.
    3. Microtex microfiber towels - So far I have two ultra-plush (green), one suede (lavender), one of their chamois, and one ultra (blue). I use the ultra-plush and chamois for drying, the suede for wax application and buffing, and the ultra for the interior.
    4. Wash mitt - I use the chenille type. Not bad. This is for washing all the bodywork above the bumper line.
    5. Super sponge - When I didn't have my wash mitt yet, I used this to clean the entire car. Now that I have the wash mitt, I use it to clean the wheels and all bodywork south of the bumper.
    6. Microtex car duster - Rarely used, but good for removing light coats of dust without washing the car.

I hose the car down first with low-pressure water, from the top down.

I use two pails of water and car shampoo, one for bodywork above the bumper, and the other for all bodywork below it, as well as the wheels. Better to do it this way because you get to separate the dirt, and using dirty water to wash your wheels can stain them - especially evident if they're painted white. Again, I wash from the top downwards.

After washing, I hose the car down again, then use the MF towels to dry. I lay them on the panel I want to dry, then I drag them across. This method wicks away the most water. When dry, you can move on to waxing and buffing.

Make sure you do not leave any of your towels, wash mitts or sponges on the floor. The dirt they pick up from there will end up scratching your car the next time you use them. Launder the microfiber towels and mitts as necessary.

HTHs

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i have the following naman:

1. armor all car shampoo
    2. microtex chamois for drying the upper and mid part
    3. old 3m chamois for drying the lower part
    4. pranela for drying the wheels
    5. mumurahing wash mitts for washing the upper and mid part
    6. sponge for cleaning the wheel wells and tires
    7. elevo tire black
    8. microtext suede for wax application
    9. 2 pails of water, 1 for shampoo, 1 para sa paghugas ng basahang ginamit sa shampoo at sponge.

una ko nililinis ang gulong tapos banlaw. after banlaw ng lower part, tsaka ko babanatan ang gitna at taas, tapos banlaw

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    how about meguire's?tama ba spelling?hehe,maganda ba yun gamitin instead of regular wax and interior cleaner?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
MUST HAVEs in cleaning/maintaining your car in and out?