New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    this is what i'm talking about. buti pa yung mga korean car mas maganda yung feel ng interior materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    I like the 2-tone gray plastic of our 2006 Sonata. The dash is made of a "soft" plastic that remains matte even when using Armor All. It borders on the simplistic. But, I like its uncluttered look and the ergonomics are just about perfect.

The lighter gray-shaded bottom half is a bit more problematic because the dirt and mud shows off better

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    car companies have to cut corners somewhere to keep the price down, lalo na sa inexpensive to mid-priced cars, and the interior seems to be the most obvious area. i would rather have them spend less money sa interior than compromising the cars performance and safety.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    car companies have to cut corners somewhere to keep the price down, lalo na sa inexpensive to mid-priced cars, and the interior seems to be the most obvious area. i would rather have them spend less money sa interior than compromising the cars performance and safety.
    With the 06 3.3L Sonata, safety rating is now 5 stars and hp is 235hp with performance (0-60mph in the upper 6 sec), up from 3-4 stars, 172hp, (0-60mph in the mid 8's) of the 05 2.7L Sonata. Kind of hard to see where they compromised. Of course, the price also went up a bit. But, not much more. The interior could be better. But, better means moving up to cars $10k more. So, yep. I'm quite happy with this 06 Sonata.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    hey pekto, i hope you didn't think my previous comment was aimed at you and your car. i was talking about the car industry in general. if you read any car reviews lately, they would rave about the cars' safety and performance then nitpick about the interiors.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pangit tingnan ang dashboard na shiny. looks cheap and luma and parang sapatos na nilagyan ng kiwi (IMO). Thats why brand new cars have flat color dash to prevent reflections during daytime especially when under the sun. Naka ka distracts kase glaring ang dating. Thats why I don't use armor-all (glossy) on the dash. Okay pa ung semi gloss lang pero once in a while lang pag gamit para maintain lang original look na medyo flat.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... love my new "dull" gray dashboard on the Lynx (new? I must be delirious!)... it doesn't look like much, but the material is soft and nice to the touch, and it doesn't reflect at all in the daylight.

The nice and airy interior of my old Sentra Exalta had a light beige dashboard that was horrid to drive with during sunny days, as you could hardly see anything beyond the reflection of the dashboard.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    meron Armor All Semi Gloss for milder shine...
    Meron ding Armor All Low Gloss pero hard to find.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not really, dami sa Handyman yung low-gloss AA...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    meron EagleOne interior protectant similar to AA, para sa mga gs2 mas sosy :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually bro, in most cases mas mura ang EO kesa AA hehe... The old EO Concours was really really good for matte finish but wala na sa market... You can try Park Square True Value kung meron pa sila, it comes in a black gallon jug (like vinegar jugs)...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Interior materials of new cars