New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    paps dalawann ambi pur odour eliminator lang yan tapos ang problem mo no need to bilad bilad pa to the sun basta lagay ka lang sa lata ng mga dinurog na uling at ilagay sa ilalim ng upuan presto tapos ang problema mo.hth.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Definitely charcoal is an effective remedy for bad odors. Yun nga lang, your car interior won't have any fresh scent inside. Still you need to have a car scent, but I would suggest the Odor Eliminator type (cheapest with good quality is the Ambi Pur Odor Eliminator = Php 99.00 only). In that way, you would achieve good interior smell in your car.

Question:

Does charcoal also absorb the air freshner scents?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    nope it does not. parang balanse lang.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    nope it does not. parang balanse lang.

You mean yung charcoal doesn't absorb any of the air freshner scents? Anyway, thanks! That's what I want to know.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Suggestion lang po.

Nakabili kami ng lumang honda accord circa 1988. Ok po yung car. US version.

But the lingering smell inside beats anything you can think of. Malapit po yung sa description ng thread starter:museum smell.

After trying charcoal and activated charcoal (plus baking soda!) the smell remained. Since the users (my parents) and my kins are allergic to any perfumed based "odor" masker, hindi namin ma gamit yung mga scented products. I did try glade (hindi po nakaya) and Febreze (minimal effect) nag try ako maghanap sa web.

The car came in during the rainy season kaya hindi ko mapa shampoo and clean inside. Without shampooing and since charcoal was not that effective I read somewhere na the cause could be fungus and mildew. Hence dapat daw e ma kill fungus and mildew inside the car. I got this advise sa web -

I bought around P100 of chlorine crystals (use po sa pag babad ng damit or sa swimming pool). Tinunaw ko sa 2 liters na tubig at inilagay sa wide mouth jars. Three jars placed sa driver, sa passenger at sa baggage compartment. All windows, vents and the whole interior was sealed (may sun roof po kasi US na Accord). After two to three days open ko car. Amoy clorox which would disinfect the inside. May trace pa ng museum smell so I did it again replacing the chlorine solution with a new set. Six days later amoy clorox na lang. I removed the mix, pinasingaw at 24 hours later nilagyan ko na lang ng baking soda at charcoal. Wala na amoy yung car. Patay fungus at mildew. Gastos - P300 with charcoal and baking soda.

Ingat lang po pag ginawa ito at mabilisan pag lagay ng jars with chlorine solution kasi masama sa ating respiratory system. Wag po singhutin.

Pacensiya na mahaba message. Share ko lang.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    just a question how long should the anti-smell effect of charcoal last before i buy new ones?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    try to put your car under the sun while its windows open.. the turn your termostat into off then max your blower para lumabas yung amoy. then you can try to spray meguiars moto x or carxent leather scent to neutralize the odor in you interior after few days you'll notice that you will regain your fresh smell hope this helps

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    For smelly old cars, better have your carpet changed to a new one.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Mga Sir base on your experience, saan magnda magpa shampoo ng carpet, yung tanggal upuan at magkano?TIA

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    I bought around P100 of chlorine crystals (use po sa pag babad ng damit or sa swimming pool). Tinunaw ko sa 2 liters na tubig at inilagay sa wide mouth jars. Three jars placed sa driver, sa passenger at sa baggage compartment. All windows, vents and the whole interior was sealed (may sun roof po kasi US na Accord). After two to three days open ko car. Amoy clorox which would disinfect the inside. May trace pa ng museum smell so I did it again replacing the chlorine solution with a new set. Six days later amoy clorox na lang. I removed the mix, pinasingaw at 24 hours later nilagyan ko na lang ng baking soda at charcoal. Wala na amoy yung car. Patay fungus at mildew. Gastos - P300 with charcoal and baking soda.
    This seems to be a good try.

Where do you bought the Chlorine crystals and what is the ratio to mix them in water?

so ibig sabihin di mo ginamit yung car during the soaking period?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Help me!! smelly interior