New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Last nite i noticed my reg sticker was kinda peeling off the windshield so i got some mighty bond and decided to stick some part of it back on. Kaso nasobrahan ko yung pag squeeze sa tube and yon, it dripped onto my dash. i tried wiping it off pero it dried agad and now theres this white, cracked, hard layer of it. I tried using 3m tar and adhesive remover, nahilo nalang ako sa fumes :shock: pero la pa rin e. im afraid of scraping it off kasi baka masira yung leather sa dash. Help!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit hindi ba sya natangal sa adhesive remover?? nangyari na sa akin yan before, nalagyan din ng mighty bond yung dashboard ko,natangal ko nmn yung dried adhesive sa dashboard ko using loctite glue remover......

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first of all, you shouldn't have used instant glue... your sticker can be removed next year anyway, would you really want to have the sticker on your glass permanently?

anyway, go head to your nearest tool store and buy an adhesive remover specifically for instant glue, Selleys and Quik Tite both have instant glue removers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    d'oh! well mighty bond was what i had at the time :roll:
    thanks for all the replies sirs theeved and newkid :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you must stick the registration sticker, a drop of Elmer's glue would suffice, and it's easy to remove in the future.

Help : how to remove mighty bond(adhesive) from dashboard