New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    The Dashield which used to advertise daily on newspapers and were available in hardware stores have become quieter lately. At it's height, even Taiwan started imitating it.

Does anyone have any feedback to this product? Does it work? Is it worth it?

Firstly, I dont completely understand how a product inside a car can reduce heat. If it reflects the heat, then the heat would still be inside the cabin.

Then Ive heard comments like it has a lot of humulhul which gets sucked in by our aircon systems.

Ild like to know from people who have actually used it though

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It absorbs heat, but since it has very high thermal absorption coefficient, it takes a lot of heat before its temperature rises to a hot level, and effectively prevents the dashboard heating up.

It was installed by the casa on our two honda cars and never removed till both were sold. I never inspected the dashboards but I'm sure they are in better shape after several years than if Dashield wasn't used.

However, the Dashields, in our case and in many others, use inferior double-sided tape which eventually loses grip after a few weeks or months, making unsightly appearance for the rest of the years. Also, some people have bad experience of removing Dashield and find the tape leaving marks that were impossible to remove because the glue have already reacted chemically with the dashboard surface after all those years.

My advice is not to use Dashield. Protect your dashboard instead with those sunshields which can be rolled or folded. It is actually easy to develop the habit of using them and a lot cheaper. Did i mention kids love those Disney themes?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm lucky, the dashield on mine was not installed with double sided tape, it's already formed so it hugs the dashboard at the right places. I just pull it off when going to a Benz meet para presentable. It's great, keeps the shine from reflecting back into my eyes.

Or maybe it was Dash Mat? I don't recall. The other car had the double sided tape. It's not too hard to remove just be careful lang.

Our cars' dashboards are still crack free not because of the Dashield so I cover mine up with it when just driving it to school and work. I also use Aerospace 303 protectant on the dashboard, it has been great so far and we have no complaints about it.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I just use armor-all to protect the dash against warping. More attractive pa. Hindi naman ako gumamit talaga nito kasi para daw ito lumamig ang AC eh usually malamig na ang AC ng mga car ko. Baka kaya humina?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dash shield also works as a great dust collector. Watch your passengers sneeze with envy everytime they check out your Dashshield.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    It absorbs heat, but since it has very high thermal absorption coefficient, it takes a lot of heat before its temperature rises to a hot level, and effectively prevents the dashboard heating up.

It was installed by the casa on our two honda cars and never removed till both were sold. I never inspected the dashboards but I'm sure they are in better shape after several years than if Dashield wasn't used.

However, the Dashields, in our case and in many others, use inferior double-sided tape which eventually loses grip after a few weeks or months, making unsightly appearance for the rest of the years. Also, some people have bad experience of removing Dashield and find the tape leaving marks that were impossible to remove because the glue have already reacted chemically with the dashboard surface after all those years.

My advice is not to use Dashield. Protect your dashboard instead with those sunshields which can be rolled or folded. It is actually easy to develop the habit of using them and a lot cheaper. Did i mention kids love those Disney themes?
    I will not recommend to use dashield. +1 with sir kinyo.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    I just use armor-all to protect the dash against warping. More attractive pa. Hindi naman ako gumamit talaga nito kasi para daw ito lumamig ang AC eh usually malamig na ang AC ng mga car ko. Baka kaya humina?
    Is the armor all oil based? For me I don't like to use armor all. It gives my dash oily look. Hindi lang oily look but also the oily feel and it gives the dash shorter life. This is from my personal experience lang po. Mas madaling uminit pag naka armor all.

Regarding dashield. used it one but left tape marks, alikabok as other said.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its quite popular with cab operators.

might interfere with airbags.

I think girls dont dig it

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Better get a full windshield tint than a dashshield.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my mom bought one before, buti di pinakabit sa nagbenta, pinatong ko lang sa dash, benefits none... dust collector lang sya, istorbo pa pag naglilinis ka. threw away in one month.
    Last edited by impulzz; August 28th, 2007 at 12:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Feedback on Dashield