New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Malaki hinala ko na related ang problema sa emission system ng makina.
    Mga master may egr ba ang Tucson ni sir TS? Baka dito ang problema (wild guess lang po).
    Sir may EGR din ba ang gas engine?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    All gasoline engines nowadays have EGR, it is necessary to use it to pass western emissions standards.

If you can't see it, then the passage is internal or integrated into the manifolds. But it's still there.

A "cloud" of white smoke while overtaking on a new engine isn't likely an issue of coolant or oil... Otherwise your car would be losing oil and coolant at a prodigious rate.

What you described sounds suspiciously like water contamination in the fuel... (which I've experienced, with e same symptoms)... which can affect power and response on a new vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KIANTOT View Post
    Maybe nga regarding na sa fuel system kung wala naman smell like burning oil, nasa break-in period pa naman sir kaya siguro hindi pa ganun kalakas.... taga san mateo kayo po sir? halos magkalapit lang yung lugar natin
    dalawang casa pagdadalan ko ng auto ko para sigurado. dyan lang ako sir sa GB1

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Personally I wouldn't rev any diesel at 5,000 rpm. Most likely that would be out of its torque band. If you don't get any answers from the casa why don't you try getting a used oil analysis? Baka makita in the oil kung ano yung contaminant causing the white smoke. I've heard PTT does them.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Personally I wouldn't rev any diesel at 5,000 rpm. Most likely that would be out of its torque band. If you don't get any answers from the casa why don't you try getting a used oil analysis? Baka makita in the oil kung ano yung contaminant causing the white smoke. I've heard PTT does them.
    Gas yung Tucson niya bro. Yung 5000 RPM medyo malayo pa sa red line yan.. Hehe..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Ayan di kasi nagbabasa hehe.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    *dzl727 - kindly check your muffler / exhaust pipe by touching the inner tube with your finger. If it's damp with oil (may langis ng konti) that would most likely mean a blown gasket in your engine. This usually happens with older cars but it doesn't mean it can't happen on new ones (sana naman hindi ito yung case ng tucson mo). If itis, its still under waranty and HARI should cover the expenses.

Of course, verify your findigns sa CASA pa rin.

Hope this helps.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Sige sir silipin ko kung may langis nga. Thanks

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I highly doubt it's oil. A sudden cloud of white smoke is, 90% of the time, either a lot of water getting through the fuel filter or from the catalytic converter. If it's an oil leak via the gasket, it should happen every time you rev hard under load.

By this time, though, there's no way to tell. You should have checked the fuel system and fuel tank right after it happened.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
White Smoke at 5k PRM - Tucson IX GLS AT