New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medyo makaluma pa kasi yung AT ng Hyundai, instead na tumaas ang rpm dapat engage nya agad ito sa lower gear. Kumbaga nangangapa yung AT nun.

Unless papalitan mo sya ng newer tranny setup which helps and costs as much.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    to all the starex owners here who replied, how often do you change your front brake pads? our unit kasi is 2002 model from HARI and they keep on changing our front brake pads every 10k km. i examined the pads and hindi naman kami nila niloloko coz may mga nabakbak na layer dun sa surface ng pads so di talaga pwede sandpaper. the discs are fine and it really points to crappy korean brakepad workmanship. m really looking forward to replacing them with mitsubishi parts should it happen once agen

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our unit still uses the original pads since it was bought in 1998. I do check them from time to time, no sign of chip offs. Just the normal fade of pads.

Baka naman po warped yung rotors kaya matakaw sa pads? Korean metals are well known for its weak metal parts.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On Korean brake pads:
    I wore down a front set in just one year of driving my old Kia Besta. I switched to a similar-looking off-brand (made in Japan) pad afterwards and my problems disappeared.

The Starex is a nice vehicle which traces its roots to the Mitsubishi Delica Star Wagons (hence the availability of 4x4 models).

We were really tempted on getting one. But only the MB100 could fill the space/budget requirements we have.

The Korean-market only Starex Limousine is what I want. hehehehe. Explorer Mark III on a budget.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir ungas: yep, i have eliminated all possible factors and it seems na pads and discs na lang ang areas to consider. sa next check-up ko pa malalaman which of the two is the culprit. mabait naman kac yung staff sa HARI kaya i take their word. tsaka naisip ko, kung may problem nga yung discs, sasabihin nila na palitan na agad (money-making scheme). tnx 4 d reply sir =)

Otep: so brakepad ng space gear swak sa starex?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    momoy,

It should fit. Unless Hyundai modified the original design. Other consumable parts like filters, etc. are interchangable.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    tnx doc! =)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pagbumili ako ng van starex ang pipiliin ko. sa price and performance patok siya. puede pang mag pa customize ng grab handle na wood. diba ungas?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    in fairness magandang van sya, leg room and airconditioning oks na oks sya, kaya lang makalampag pag di puno. ingatan nyo lana ang poer window, iwas lang kayo sa lubak. pa chek nyo lagi engine,

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by afrasay
    ...puede pang mag pa customize ng grab handle na wood. diba ungas?
    New models came out with standard grab handles. No need to customize wooden handles to match the faux dash panels.

Nung nabili kasi yung amin walang grab handles, I just happen to tinker with its panels and took them out. Nakita ko na may naka-abang na butas. So, I just ordered our carpenter to make three handles for it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What can u say about Starex?