New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir sure ba na galing turbo yung leak? at hindi sa intake pipe? kasi possible na galing PCV valve, then going to the intake pipe, then tutulo sa turbo.

check din yung hoses and clamps kung mahigpit pa ba.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sa intake side ang oil leak? Nagka white smoke ka ba sa tambutso?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Re: turbo cool down.

What I do with the Tucson immediately after I park at home is I open the hood with the engine still idling, go into the house, drink a glass of water or pee in the toilet. After that I go outside again and turn it off, but still leave the hood open for the engine to completely cool off.

Mga 1-2 mins cooldown din yun ......

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Re: turbo cool down.

What I do with the Tucson immediately after I park at home is I open the hood with the engine still idling, go into the house, drink a glass of water or pee in the toilet. After that I go outside again and turn it off, but still leave the hood open for the engine to completely cool off.

Mga 1-2 mins cooldown din yun ......
    Ganyan din ginagawa ko

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    with all the cool down process, precautions in operating a turbocharged engine, turbos still break down after so many miles. the life gets shorter if the engine condition (lubrication, lubricant, cooling system, compression, fuel quality, air quality and the ignition/injection timing) are not within tolerance. service the oil regularly with the proper oil, inspect/change air filter when needed. in other words, follow the manufacturer's recommendations

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    sir sure ba na galing turbo yung leak? at hindi sa intake pipe? kasi possible na galing PCV valve, then going to the intake pipe, then tutulo sa turbo.

check din yung hoses and clamps kung mahigpit pa ba.
    Si san kaya pwede masilip yung PCV Valve? kaya bang makita sa ibabaw yun?

sir hindi ako masyadong technical when comes sa turbo pero dalawa nang mechanic ang pinacheck ko na sa turbo daw may leak, try ko dalhin sa fronte banawe sana buo pa nga talaga yung turbo.
    Last edited by washburn; January 5th, 2015 at 04:33 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Sa intake side ang oil leak? Nagka white smoke ka ba sa tambutso?
    pag idle wala naman white smoke, normal naman pagbirit lang may black smoke

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    with all the cool down process, precautions in operating a turbocharged engine, turbos still break down after so many miles. the life gets shorter if the engine condition (lubrication, lubricant, cooling system, compression, fuel quality, air quality and the ignition/injection timing) are not within tolerance. service the oil regularly with the proper oil, inspect/change air filter when needed. in other words, follow the manufacturer's recommendations
    swertehan lang talaga siguro sir, depende din sa driving conditions, frequency of use etc. wala pako nabasa sa forums na nagkaproblema turbo ng hyundai yung mga na ondoy lang

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by washburn View Post
    swertehan lang talaga siguro sir, depende din sa driving conditions, frequency of use etc. wala pako nabasa sa forums na nagkaproblema turbo ng hyundai yung mga na ondoy lang

in some cases, that's right. when the factory employees are disgruntled, when the car was produced friday afternoon or monday morning, sometimes the quality sucks

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by washburn View Post
    pag idle wala naman white smoke, normal naman pagbirit lang may black smoke
    black smoke pag birit? sir na check ang air filter malinis ba? yung clip at hose connection dyan sa engine inlet manifold mula turbo ok po ba, walang singaw? yung egr di ba barado? check po muna be sure ok before ipagalaw ang turbo.

kung leak ang seal ng turbo dapat malakas sa langis yan, lagi top up ng crankcase oil. kung normal consumo ng langis posible sa pvc galing yang leak.kung leak ang seal kahit idle may white smoke sa tambutso. kung defective ang seal posible may tama rin ang bearings.. kalog ang rotor assy at posible sayad ang turbine tip sa casing..hth.
    Last edited by weisshorn; January 10th, 2015 at 06:20 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Variable Geometry Turbocharger Inquiries