New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    the 2010 hyundai tucson AT has shiftronic but doesn't have the D1 ,D2 that normal AT cars for ascending and descending in steep slopes. I've heard that before using our shiftronic we need to be in a complete stop unlike other which you can switch from D to D1,D2 while the car is moving. So how do you drive in steep slopes with your tucson? Do you use drive then stop then switch to shiftronic? or something?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz88 View Post
    the 2010 hyundai tucson AT has shiftronic but doesn't have the D1 ,D2 that normal AT cars for ascending and descending in steep slopes. I've heard that before using our shiftronic we need to be in a complete stop unlike other which you can switch from D to D1,D2 while the car is moving. So how do you drive in steep slopes with your tucson? Do you use drive then stop then switch to shiftronic? or something?
    when i read the manual, it says you just have to depress the gas pedal if you want to use shiftronic from the automatic.

that would be weird if we have to make a full stop just to transfer gears.

okay, so i got paranoid with this. i checked the owner's manual of our tucson and on page 5-20, it says: "Whether the vehicle is stationary or in motion, sports mode is selected by pushing the shift lever from D (drive) position into the manual gate. To return to D (drive) range operation, push shift lever back into the main gate".

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Nilalaro ko lang yan eh..

Kahit umaandar ka pwede mo gamitin yung sequential manual mode (+ / -). No need to stop or press the accelerator pedal deeper.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Nilalaro ko lang yan eh..

Kahit umaandar ka pwede mo gamitin yung sequential manual mode (+ / -). No need to stop or press the accelerator pedal deeper.
    weird naman non kung mag full stop ka

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz88 View Post
    here in baguio when i descent from very steep inclines i use my tuc's shiftronic and the hill descent assist.. but for downward hi way driving (when im going down marcos hi-way) i use shiftronic and select the appropriate gear.

tucson AT question?