New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    I just want to know the reliability of this car. There were plenty of issues but most of them are automatic transmission where engine stalling, AC compressor and etc are the known problems. I would like to know if it goes the same with the manuals since I'm buying MT which is the GL variant. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by reeze13 View Post
    I just want to know the reliability of this car. There were plenty of issues but most of them are automatic transmission where engine stalling, AC compressor and etc are the known problems. I would like to know if it goes the same with the manuals since I'm buying MT which is the GL variant. Thanks.
    Have a friend who owns a manual. Lagi reklamo yun AC mahina daw talaga. Kahit bagong gawa d kaya. Lalo na yun 2nd row. Suspension parts short lived mga parts.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    So, you are availing of the P100K discount for the outgoing models, huh?

It is my opinion, that it is a good decision. Why not go for the diesel variant?

My sister owns this ride. She and her husband have been driving it for the last 3 years, alternatively with their other SUV and so far, - no issue on their Tucson.

Haven't heard about the engine stalling nor the AT issues.... Kalampag yes,- more of a small nuisance rather than outright inconvenience...

Am considering the diesel variant for my purchase in the next couple of months. But even with the P100K discount on the Tucson,- I could probably get a more prominent ride at roughly the same price.

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.0K _/_/_/_/_/:dog:_/_/_/_/_/

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    I really notice this on most hyundai cars. Even my cousin who has a hyundai accent had his AC replaced even though once in awhile lang siya ginagamit. Thanks for this info.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I really notice this on most hyundai cars. Even my cousin who has a hyundai accent had his AC replaced even though once in awhile lang siya ginagamit. Thanks for this info.
    yung issue sa tucson AT is the brake light switch/relay. had to replace mine several times before under warranty. pag nagloko, you need to press the unlock button sa may shifter in order to go to reverse.

so far was pretty happy with the AC, wala naman naging problema yung unit ko nun. parang alanganin lang kasi yung 1 and 2 settings--mahina yung 1 pero malamig masyado yung 2. so i usually set at 2 then increase the temp

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

yung issue sa tucson AT is the brake light switch/relay. had to replace mine several times before under warranty. pag nagloko, you need to press the unlock button sa may shifter in order to go to reverse.

so far was pretty happy with the AC, wala naman naging problema yung unit ko nun. parang alanganin lang kasi yung 1 and 2 settings--mahina yung 1 pero malamig masyado yung 2. so i usually set at 2 then increase the temp

6. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Given today's terrible traffic, nothing beats driving as AT! Cheers

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    I think buying a car even a new one is Tyempuhan, I know someone na may A/T Gasoline Tucson.he drives like Mr.Bean.he doesn't know the word slow or slowly. Humps? Who cares haha! Basta he drive his Tucson like an idiot na akala mo dos lang ang bili sa kotse.for almost 3 years buo pa naman haha.The only thing I hate with the car ay yung aircon.parang ang layo ng nilakbay nya kaya pag sa vent na mahina na yung lamig.