New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Good Day!!!

Guys, share ko lang sa inyo. Last night nag shift lock yung tucson IX namin. Nung mag park na ako sa tapat ng house namin galing ng drive (D) di sya ma shift ng reverse (R). Pinatay ko yung makina pero di ko mahugot yung susi since di ko ma shift yung shifter sa park (P). I start again the machine but ganun pa din di ko pa rin ma shift from (D) to (R). Tapos na shift ko na rin sya ng di ko alam kung paano. Btw, dinala ko sya this morning kay Hyundai Pasig and diagnosed with defective break light switch daw. Sad to say na wala silang stock nung parts na yun and order pa daw sila. Till then hintay muna ako and tawagan daw pag may parts na. Tapos eto lunch lang nag shift lock yung shifter. Grabe kaiinis lalo na nung magpa-park and kailangan mo mag reverse. Hirap mag drive ng wala kang kumpyansa sa kotseng dala mo. Anyways, yun lang po. Just want to share.

Thanks
    allan

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hyundai Pasig intay ka ng 1 week at least.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    sir wala yata kinalaman ang defecive break light switch sa shift problem mo. you can check out the thread "issues sa Tucson". madami kami nag report ng problem na yan. once it happened to me while i was about to park sa megamall. even until now i experience it. i even suggested sa thread ng "issues" na apakan ng todo ang breaks or switch off then on ang makina pero minsan ayaw talaga. what i noticed is that if you allow the car to roll (while on neutral) and at the same time trying the shift until mag engage sa R, mukhang yun ang mas effective na strategy. i mentioned this sa service advisor ko during my 5k pms pero they just reset the ecu but the problem still occurs.
    neway about the defective breaklight switch, insist on your warranty .

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    check the cable y-connection of the shift-lock. one is to transmission and the other one to the ignition assembly....

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by adcastro View Post
    Good Day!!!

Guys, share ko lang sa inyo. Last night nag shift lock yung tucson IX namin. Nung mag park na ako sa tapat ng house namin galing ng drive (D) di sya ma shift ng reverse (R). Pinatay ko yung makina pero di ko mahugot yung susi since di ko ma shift yung shifter sa park (P). I start again the machine but ganun pa din di ko pa rin ma shift from (D) to (R). Tapos na shift ko na rin sya ng di ko alam kung paano. Btw, dinala ko sya this morning kay Hyundai Pasig and diagnosed with defective break light switch daw. Sad to say na wala silang stock nung parts na yun and order pa daw sila. Till then hintay muna ako and tawagan daw pag may parts na. Tapos eto lunch lang nag shift lock yung shifter. Grabe kaiinis lalo na nung magpa-park and kailangan mo mag reverse. Hirap mag drive ng wala kang kumpyansa sa kotseng dala mo. Anyways, yun lang po. Just want to share.

Thanks
    allan
    AFAIK, aapakan mo ung brakes para mawala ung lock... hindi ka naman basta basta makaka shift ng "D" to "R" pag hindi ka naka tapak sa brakes... and also sa "P" to "R"

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Just for comparison, the Honda Jazz/City A/T variant since the older 2004 models, until now, may have the same feature.

If the brake light or fuse is busted, it engages the shift lock.

It seems that the linkage is not mechanical but logic.

One thing that complicates this in the case of the Honda vehicle is that the horn shares the same fuse as the brake light.

So, if you upgraded the horn to a louder one (and presumably drawing more current), while maintaining your fuse, you might blow the fuse and find yourself in this predicament...

11.6K:cheers:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nangyari na naman ito sa akin today , wala pa din bang lasting solution itong problema na ito?

Wala pa bang software, firmware or hardware upgrade to solve this?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    By law in most other countries, there should be a swich to override the shiftlock if there is a failure. Maybe you need to read your owner's manual to find this.

For example, on the Nissan Patrol it is a red button marked 'SHIFT LOCK' press this button and the shift lock gets overridden.

On the for Escape, you remove a piece of plastic on top of the steering column, insert any long object (e.g. a key) in the cavity to push the shift lock override button hidden inside.

On a Honda Jazz, there is a small slit by the side of the shifter where you can instert a blade or key to override the shiftlock.

Bottom line is, you will not be left stranded by a shift lock problem if you know how to override it.

The shift lock is a good safety item to have as long as it is functioning properly.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    By law in most other countries, there should be a swich to override the shiftlock if there is a failure. Maybe you need to read your owner's manual to find this.

For example, on the Nissan Patrol it is a red button marked 'SHIFT LOCK' press this button and the shift lock gets overridden.

On the for Escape, you remove a piece of plastic on top of the steering column, insert any long object (e.g. a key) in the cavity to push the shift lock override button hidden inside.

On a Honda Jazz, there is a small slit by the side of the shifter where you can instert a blade or key to override the shiftlock.

Bottom line is, you will not be left stranded by a shift lock problem if you know how to override it.

The shift lock is a good safety item to have as long as it is functioning properly.
    *OTEP

Meron naman sya, yon nga ginamit ko to release para maka reverse, the only problem is, if you do it again (meaning from Reverse to Drive and then Reverse again), then it will be locked again as in di ulit papasok sa Reverse, no choice kundi sundot na naman yong override ng shiftlock, ito din ang isa sa problem, di bale sana pag ginawa mo once ay ok na, kaso hindi

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yan ang problema sa Tranny ng Hyundai ngayon. Wala naman issue na ganyan sa old tranny eh, yung conventional 5-Speed na may ATF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tucson IX nag shift lock.