New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    hi, anyone tried those china made gps headunit with dvd,tv tuner, rear camera?
    How's the gps signal? is it garmin map compatible?
    anyone have pics of the actual unit?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by providence View Post
    hi, anyone tried those china made gps headunit with dvd,tv tuner, rear camera?
    How's the gps signal? is it garmin map compatible?
    anyone have pics of the actual unit?
    GPS-wise as long as you're not under a tunnel, reception's pretty much quick (placement of the antenna though may affect satellite lock-in time). If it's Windows CE-based (which most of the China GPS headunits are, there a high possibility that you can install Garmin. There are a lot of guides over the net (Google query works), checking some threads here will also guide you into successfully installing it.

For actual pics I don't have any (purely on the basis I don't own a Tucson to begin with), but specs should rather be the same on all units. You can query Alibaba.com for IX35 or Tucson and chances are you'd find one showing actual pics. Good luck.

NOTE: if you're planning to soup-up your sound system, there's a probability that you'll hear a low and static noise (similar to the tone of that medical monitoring equipment once someone flat-lines) once you've un-mute the volume especially for those with amplified setups. We tried to add additional grounding in our fleet before, insulation, and review of the wirings as to where it's coming from, until we found out that the main RCA-outs of the HU were the culprit. I think 8 out of 10 units had that issue in our fleet then, just can't recall.

Made our fleet management and monitoring systeam real cheap though. HTH

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    GPS-wise as long as you're not under a tunnel, reception's pretty much quick (placement of the antenna though may affect satellite lock-in time). If it's Windows CE-based (which most of the China GPS headunits are, there a high possibility that you can install Garmin. There are a lot of guides over the net (Google query works), checking some threads here will also guide you into successfully installing it.

For actual pics I don't have any (purely on the basis I don't own a Tucson to begin with), but specs should rather be the same on all units. You can query Alibaba.com for IX35 or Tucson and chances are you'd find one showing actual pics. Good luck.

NOTE: if you're planning to soup-up your sound system, there's a probability that you'll hear a low and static noise (similar to the tone of that medical monitoring equipment once someone flat-lines) once you've un-mute the volume especially for those with amplified setups. We tried to add additional grounding in our fleet before, insulation, and review of the wirings as to where it's coming from, until we found out that the main RCA-outs of the HU were the culprit. I think 8 out of 10 units had that issue in our fleet then, just can't recall.

Made our fleet management and monitoring systeam real cheap though. HTH
    Thanks for your reply sir.
    Already installed my GPS Headunit that I got from Tsikot Car Accessories Shop (of sir Jedi).
    Installation went quick and flawless, thanks sir Jedi and his team.
    Took them about 1 1/2 hours to take out the old unit and install the new one, including a rear cam.
    Also learned about a lot from sir Jedi.
    GPS works well, music player is good (Ipod cable works). The only downside I can see right now, I installed the antenna inside the car so the TV reception is bad. I will install it outside this week. Also, I cant use the built in USB and AUX ports at the moment, but hopefully this issue can be fixed. Overall the unit is good, even the panel fits perfectly.

I will try to post actual pics of the unit later this week.
    Thanks again sir Jedi.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Main Menu

FM / AM Radio

GPS

View from the rear camera

Tucson IX GPS Headunit