New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    yup, pa pm naman price saka saan pinagawa ung subs and setup ni Monch.. yan na lang kulang sa Tucs ko.. :D

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *mda

My installer is Mickeys Autosound so yep, good work.. but tad bit pricey. I guess that's what being #1 costs :D If from the QC area, my suggestion is always (and will always be) Banawe. Suggested shops are Maspro (Vince) and Candyshop (Nogz). There are also some others such as Jetcar, DAWG Audio, Ginza, Perfect Circle, etc. and you won't really go wrong with them.

The difference with Banawe shops versus dedicated car audio workshops such as Blueprint, JC Car Audio, or Mickeys is the quality of work done. While in Mickeys I can expect to have top-class craftmanship and installation, it's not always smooth sailing sa Banawe. In short, paminsan kilangan mo pa turuan mga boys sa Banawe. Of course, your wallet would be paying less too since you'd be surprised on how much their "experience" costs among the big car audio shops (hint: average of 30k+ for the woodworks, boxes, installation, etc.)

Monch installer is Jonz of Simplesounds in Antipolo (kung nalalayuan ka kanila Mickey, masmalayo pa 'to ng 10mins coming from QC). I like Jonz is because he's a literal one-man army.. Wala siya helpers as he runs his business down at his garage in his house. This means installation is top-notch and meticulous... getting to eat his wife's cooking is also a bonus I guess Contact number.... 0917 581 2525 ;)

*joboramos
    The Polk MM sub should be around 5-6k brand new.. as for the enclosure, I got no idea. In most cases kasi, installers simply bill us "woodworks" cost so this includes the amplifier rack, sub box, and all other wooden things they constructed. But as a rough estimate, 2-3k probably as this is the going rate of most amplifier enclosures.

I'm pretty sure most installers (such as Tsikotshop) can fabricate the same enclosure ;) It isn't hard naman talaga but just give them a rough idea how to.

*Lucas
    I got no idea how much Jonz quoted Monch but his setup is mid-high level na. As a taste of brand new prices of equipments:

HU - Pioneer P99RS (36k)
    Seps - Focal Polyglass VR3 (30k)
    Amplifiers - Focal FPS 4160 (38k) and 1500 (32k); Genesis Profile Two (25k; but he bought this secondhand.. around 15k ata)
    Sub - Polk MM1040 (5-6k)
    Last edited by jhnkvn; May 3rd, 2012 at 07:02 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    thanks a lot sir jhnkvn!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Due to demand, here's some more pictures (I'll tell Monch he needs to pay a publicity fee na rin nga)

The OEM subwoofer enclosure

Night shot

We're fussy of quality >.<

And the front-stage. He's still using his old head unit - Eclipse 7200MKII here

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    very nice!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    *mda

My installer is Mickeys Autosound so yep, good work.. but tad bit pricey. I guess that's what being #1 costs :D If from the QC area, my suggestion is always (and will always be) Banawe. Suggested shops are Maspro (Vince) and Candyshop (Nogz). There are also some others such as Jetcar, DAWG Audio, Ginza, Perfect Circle, etc. and you won't really go wrong with them.

The difference with Banawe shops versus dedicated car audio workshops such as Blueprint, JC Car Audio, or Mickeys is the quality of work done. While in Mickeys I can expect to have top-class craftmanship and installation, it's not always smooth sailing sa Banawe. In short, paminsan kilangan mo pa turuan mga boys sa Banawe. Of course, your wallet would be paying less too since you'd be surprised on how much their "experience" costs among the big car audio shops (hint: average of 30k+ for the woodworks, boxes, installation, etc.)

Monch installer is Jonz of Simplesounds in Antipolo (kung nalalayuan ka kanila Mickey, masmalayo pa 'to ng 10mins coming from QC). I like Jonz is because he's a literal one-man army.. Wala siya helpers as he runs his business down at his garage in his house. This means installation is top-notch and meticulous... getting to eat his wife's cooking is also a bonus I guess Contact number.... 0917 581 2525 ;)

*joboramos
    The Polk MM sub should be around 5-6k brand new.. as for the enclosure, I got no idea. In most cases kasi, installers simply bill us "woodworks" cost so this includes the amplifier rack, sub box, and all other wooden things they constructed. But as a rough estimate, 2-3k probably as this is the going rate of most amplifier enclosures.

I'm pretty sure most installers (such as Tsikotshop) can fabricate the same enclosure ;) It isn't hard naman talaga but just give them a rough idea how to.

*Lucas
    I got no idea how much Jonz quoted Monch but his setup is mid-high level na. As a taste of brand new prices of equipments:

HU - Pioneer P99RS (36k)
    Seps - Focal Polyglass VR3 (30k)
    Amplifiers - Focal FPS 4160 (38k) and 1500 (32k); Genesis Profile Two (25k; but he bought this secondhand.. around 15k ata)
    Sub - Polk MM1040 (5-6k)
    thanks! this is really helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
tucson car audio