New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Dear Sirs,

Good Day. I apologize as I am a newbie here at Tsikot Forums. I currently own a 2011 Tucson CRDi 4WD. I would like to ask you guys what off-road modifications I could do to my ride to improve its off-road capabilities? I would like to:

1. Change the OEM tires and rims to mud terrain tires with appropriate rims. What brand or tire size would you suggest? Size of rims?

2. Increase the ground clearance. What is the advised max height?

3. Change of OEM shocks to more durable ones. Any advise on available brands?

4. Change of stock halogen headlights to HID. Any advise on brands to choose?

5. Install rear tow hook if possible.

Thank you very much for all your replies. Once done would like to try it on the sand dunes of Laoag.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sure ka? The tucson is not designed for serious off road... Pero ask natin mga 4x4 fanatic baka mali ako.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    waterproof the ecu, tcm and injector wires?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    install snorkel, bumper/bull bar...

post ka sir ng photo after your offroad set-up...it would be nice to see an offroad tucson...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Parang ngayon pa lang ako makakakita ng tucson na pangoffroad. Hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    images.jpegI don't know the off-road capabilities of the current Tucson but here are some proof from the old generation.default.jpegimages_2.jpegimages_3.jpeg

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    images_4.jpeg

Eto pa.th-4.jpegth-3.jpegth-2.jpeg
    Last edited by roydok; May 4th, 2013 at 06:50 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    soft-roader lang yan. Hindi talaga ideal yung iniisip ni TS.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    th.jpegth-5.jpegIf mapilit talaga si TS pwede na nyang samahan si Panday sa Paoay Sand Dunes.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Yeah, i agree parang hindi pa yata possible sa current model tucsons. I dont know of any Australian aftermarket brand that caters the tucson, even the first gen. sa pagkaalam, kia sorento 1st gen and hyundai terracan na korean suvs lang ang sinusuportahan ng ARB or ironman.