New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Just replaced my dirty fuel filter last week, after replacement it noticed in hard restarting for almost 1 day used. For the second day in the morning I started my Starex CRDI 2005 model and won't start until now. What are the possible defects since the fuel filter had been replaced with new one? I pump the fuel filter pump just to remove the air bubbles, there's a fuel going to fuel pump. During starting, there’s a low pressure getting in to injectors. And today during push starting it will start but I wonder the engine check indicates in the dashboard, my starex before is in top condition, the 100% caused is a dirty fuel filter. Please help of what are the specific defects with my crdi engine. Your assistance is high appreciated. Thanks and more power

2. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by gel_bbs View Post
    Just replaced my dirty fuel filter last week, after replacement it noticed in hard restarting for almost 1 day used. For the second day in the morning I started my Starex CRDI 2005 model and won't start until now. What are the possible defects since the fuel filter had been replaced with new one? I pump the fuel filter pump just to remove the air bubbles, there's a fuel going to fuel pump. During starting, there’s a low pressure getting in to injectors. And today during push starting it will start but I wonder the engine check indicates in the dashboard, my starex before is in top condition, the 100% caused is a dirty fuel filter. Please help of what are the specific defects with my crdi engine. Your assistance is high appreciated. Thanks and more power
    Any update on this? Were you able to solve the starting problem without having to spray or pour starting fluid on the air intake?

trouble shooting of starex crdi engine