New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi Guys,

I'm confuse if my Tucson 2010 CRDI has timing belt or timing chain? Any inputs on the frequency of replacements? Also is replacement can be done safely and effectively outside casa?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jov View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm confuse if my Tucson 2010 CRDI has timing belt or timing chain? Any inputs on the frequency of replacements? Also is replacement can be done safely and effectively outside casa?

Thanks
    Pwede sa goodgear and fronte. If your engine is d4ea timing belt pag R-evgt engine timing chain

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jov View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks
    Di lang timing belt ang need palitan. Pati yung mga tensioner bearing or pulleys isabay na din saka yung belt for the power steering and aircon compressor.

Sa labas na ko nag pa palit ng timing belt ng Santa Fe ko, bought the parts sa Fronte and Fronte was charging me 3.5k for the labor. 3.5k din singil sakin ng Kia Congressional pero buti na lang nakita ko post ng taga Santa Fe Club and had it done sa Autoserv Banawe for 2k. Around 4 hours ginawa.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    Pwede sa goodgear and fronte. If your engine is d4ea timing belt pag R-evgt engine timing chain
    Thank you *valskie01,

Mine is 2nd generation 2.0 CRDI 4x4 AT, maybe it is R-evgt. But this is not the premium model with leather seats and additional features like hill assist and hill descent etc.. I browse through the manual but i can not find the type of engine.

If R-evgt what belt needs to be replaced for maintenance?

Thank you again.