New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Mga Sir's need sana ng advise from you, planned namin kumuha ng starex van grx model inquire ako ng mga item na dapat malaman (this is the first time po kasi na kukuha kami ng sasakyan)

1. GRX model last model year (common nakikita ko po sa net is 2007 model)
    2. Advantages ng auto tranny sa manual (aside po sa handling habang nag da drive) mga pros and cons po between the two especially pagdating sa maintenance cost po.sabi po kasi ng iba malaki daw gastos sa auto compare sa manual tranny.
    3. Ano po ba ang mga dapat i-check at itanong sa buyer sa sasakyan once na titingnan ung binebentang sasakyan lalo't hindi po brand new.
    4. price range po kaya? assuming 2006 model, 2007 model and up, odometer reading on average usage?

Maraming salamat po mga sir po any inputs you can share... new member lang lang po ako dito, but base on what i read on the forum, napaka reliable ng mga discussion which turn me na humingi dito ng advise, maraming salamat po uli...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ^^^ Bro,- did you mean TCi or CRDi when you stated GRX?.... Magkaiba kasi ang presyo ng dalawa....

I don't see any issue with the maintenance of an A/T for as long as you follow the prescribed PMS of your vehicle.

First, you have to assess if it was an Ondoy-victim. Then, check the odometer reading. Better if you visit the owner's house so that you can check if the vehicle has its own garage. Why they're disposing it? And others

TCi 2006 model should be P600K-P650K. 2007 should be around P650K to P700K.

Not sure about CRDi, since I am not aware of their original purchase price for each of these years. It should be more expensive, though.

13.1K:bike:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i think you can also see a 2004 model which is the starting year it was introduced...
    maintenance cost of transmission between the manual & auto, slight difference lang sa lubrication specially on the latter na periodic check lagi ng ATF...
    check the engine bay lalo na sa mga leaks, filters (fuel, oil & air), presence of rust na wala dapat, fluids in the cooling & braking system, a big NO if the engine oil is having a volcanic eruption (bumubuga) once you open the engine cap, aircon system (as of now kasi this is my problem w/ my unit), transmission should have a smooth & solid shifting of gears, tires and underchassis components...
    2006 crdi between 600-700 while 2007 maybe 650-750 if in excellent condition but you can also haggle a bit...direct to the seller approach is a good move but once you go thru the dealer maging alert and patience lang sa pagpili...
    odo reading 75-90kkm but be wary of those ads stating 29kkm on the dash malamang theres something fishy on that unit...HTH, goodluck in your hunting.

Technical avdice in buying Second Hyundai Starex (GRX model)