New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    Honda's no-taxi clause - does it really exists??!
    Funny you should mention that because after reading this article (https://**************/market-news/p...xi-market-2721) I think I know why OP is conscious about the Starex used as a hearse.

"The reason is according to psychology, car purchasers don’t love to see the same vehicles like theirs bustling on the streets as a taxi all the time. The experience will be devastated."

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
    Funny you should mention that because after reading this article (https://**************/market-news/p...xi-market-2721) I think I know why OP is conscious about the Starex used as a hearse.

"The reason is according to psychology, car purchasers don’t love to see the same vehicles like theirs bustling on the streets as a taxi all the time. The experience will be devastated."
    i have seen the starex as a funeral service vehicle.
    while i am sure, it's quite comfortable for the passengers, it quite doesn't look... right.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Coincidentally funny, 2 days ago I saw an early model Lincoln Navigator in Tarlac being used as a hearse as well.

The size is certainly suited to the task. I can't see how that would take away anything from the image of the car as a luxury vehicle.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Coincidentally funny, 2 days ago I saw an early model Lincoln Navigator in Tarlac being used as a hearse as well.

The size is certainly suited to the task. I can't see how that would take away anything from the image of the car as a luxury vehicle.
    some folks don't want to see their car model being used as taxi.
    some folks don't want their car model being used as caro ng patay.
    personal choices.

what is my choice?
    i like my car being used by many folks. it sort of ensures ease of maintenance.

my cars are instruments, not symbols of status.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    personal choices.

what is my choice?

Trulily Doc. If many people are using that model for whatever purpose it serves them, then I would consider that a plus factor for that model/ brand. It just goes to show how popular it is.

Boo-hoo for certain people who think otherwise, ayaw masira image ng sasakyan nila? I think that's called -personal insecurity.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post

broken link bro baka blocked ng tsikot ...

President of Honda cracks mystery of why HCPI never joins taxi market
    Aug 27, 2018 | Same topic: Highlights of the week

Joining the taxi fleets may affect negatively to Honda drivers, explained the President.
    Many wonder why Honda doesn’t try their hands at the taxi market in the Philippines. And the answer‘s been finally revealed after Noriyuki Takakura, General Manager as well as President of Honda Cars Philippines Inc. (HCPI), had a talk with reporters during the launch of the Honda HR-V 2018 on August 23.

According to HCPI President, resale value will be significantly dropping if they make a move into the taxi market

The President of HCPI straightforwardly explained it has never been its strategy for if Honda joined the world of taxis in the country, Honda drivers are the ones who may be disappointed. The reason is according to psychology, car purchasers don’t love to see the same vehicles like theirs bustling on the streets as a taxi all the time. The experience will be devastated.

He added the secondary drive for car makers to partake in taxi fleets is the profit. However, Honda see no perspective in joining them for if it does, it has to offer plenty of discounts to users, which the company has never encouraged to.

He takes the U.S for example, while Toyota’s likely to offer about $2000 discount to customers, Honda USA’s never exceeded $1000.

The President concluded by saying that the resale value will be significantly dropping if they make a move into the taxi market and no customers like to see that happens.

Due to its not-for-taxi-used clause, Honda is firm in its strategy. However, Honda vehicles still can be used for ride-sharing.

Is it a good strategy by Honda Cars Philippines Inc.? What do you think?

https://phi l k o t s e .com/market-news/president-of-honda-cracks-mystery-of-why-hcpi-never-joins-taxi-market-2721

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    personal choices.

what is my choice?

Could have not have said it any better myself. :D

I actually do own a white 2007 Starex CRDI and the looks me and my dad get when go to church especially if we go to the last service before noon. We both just laugh at some people's reaction.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Starex used as a Funeral Car.