New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Good day tsikoters!!!! Question for a friend,,,Super Grandia VS Grand Starex VGT kung sa akayatan daw po ba anong mas malakas,sample daw po kakargahan ng tig 10 sacks of rice both SG and GS ano daw po kaya ung mas makakaakyat ung hindi hirap.....he keep on saying kase ang Grand Starex matulin lang kase high speed ang differential tas ang Super Grandia Low Speed ung differential kaya mas malakas daw humatak kesa starex...... nahirapan na ko mag explain about engine horses and engine torque...........by the way he is a TOYOTA FAN BOY...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    mai chance yung SG,, if TCI nga GS ang kalaban. heheh

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Once you're out of first gear, the rear differential gearing doesn't matter at all. The GS VGT will eat the Super Grandia for lunch on the road up to Baguio.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    It will even eat the lighter commuter GL Hiace

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, Toyota's got a lot of low end torque. Or at least their transmission is designed to make the most of whatever torque it's got at low speeds. How much low speed climbing with 10 sacks of rice does your friend theoretically need to do anyway?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    It will even eat the lighter commuter GL Hiace
    i agree sir.. iwan ko nga yun sa GRX CRDi ko eh.. paano pa kaya sa GS nga VGT..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I think with thinner air a turbo engine is more potent, but low end gearing is always key to any hauler. Try watching TFL cars on you tube. Those guys live in Colorado mountains so they always compare performance in higher attitude conditions. They also explain that on higher altitude there is always a loss of power due to air density across the range and mentioned that a forced induction system helps alleviate this.

If the toyota van has better gearing and a good FI system I would say it can beat the hyundai van, but if hyundai has a better engine more so a variable fan and proper gearing then I would say the Hyundai van will win. Usually naman Diesel engines with turbo would start boosting between 1500-2000 rpm. If lower band range therefore no boost and poor gearing useless ang turbo kasi di nag generate ng power to boost torque.
    Last edited by T|tan; February 18th, 2014 at 07:16 PM.