New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sa seiring corp. sa banawe they sell hyundai oem parts ok lang naman ang prices nila puwede naman tumawad. Here's their number 7319861 and 4126774.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang nakakainis lang sa Korean brake pads (esp. OEM) sobrang dali maubos ang nagkukulay ebak yung alloy wheels from the brake dust (dahil sa friction material na gamit sa pads). Kaya mas ok pa mag-switch sa aftermarket brands after you wear out the first set.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Ang nakakainis lang sa Korean brake pads (esp. OEM) sobrang dali maubos ang nagkukulay ebak yung alloy wheels from the brake dust (dahil sa friction material na gamit sa pads). Kaya mas ok pa mag-switch sa aftermarket brands after you wear out the first set.
    sir pa OT lang po,.,.any ideas po how much breakpads for santa fe wud cost? original hyundai pads and after market? casa kasi is very expensive

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Hi everybody.
    Newbie so had to post here:

Seeking thoughts on the following topic.

Model: 2014 Hyundai Grand Starex GLS CRDI VGT A/T, purchased in September 2014.

Issue:
    Has less than 14,000 kms on the odometer; driven weekdays from Makati to Mandaluyong and back.
    On Saturday, the front left brake started squeaking upon application of the brake.
    Stopped driving it and took it to the dealer's service shop as soon as it opened this morning.
    They came back and told me both the disc rotors (at about 27mm) and brake pads (at about 2mm) need to be replaced.

My thoughts:
    Not too surprised about the brake pads - but was absolutely shocked at the rotors requiring replacement after <1 year and <14,000 kms.

My questions:
    1. Notwithstanding that different driving styles will impact the rate of rotor erosion, is this even remotely normal?
    2. What is the average number of kilometers driven, in Metro Manila, before rotors need to be replaced?
    3. What is the factory recommended life (in terms of kms) for rotors?
    4. I understand that the rotors come brand new at 30mm, and factory specs suggest changing them at 27mm; at what width are people here replacing their rotors?
    5. Have any other owners had to replace rotors at <14,000 kms or in one year?
    6. ...and if so, why aren't more people questioning the quality of the Starex brake system?

Any thoughts and shared experiences on this topic are most appreciated.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Starex Brake Pads &amp; Brake Shoes