New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hi guys,

just want your input whether a Hyundai Starex 2002 with CRDi engine and A/T is a good buy na at 720K??

If yes or no then what are your recomendations then??

ANy pros and cons will be highly appreciated...Thanks..

BR,
    epic ;)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That will depend on the condition of the unit itself.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Malakas din ba ang Automatic Transmission ng Starex sa gas consumption?? as compared to manual...

BR,
    epic

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Matipid na ang mga CRDi engines, kaso nga lang sensitive sa dirty diesel fuels.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Thanks for all replies, OTEP and Ungas.

Any other inputs is highly appreciated...

BR,
    epic

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Teka, '02 model ba kamo? CRDi engines na ba yun? Afaik, TDIC engines pa lang yun.

Nothing much has changed from its previous models, except for 3pt seatbelt at 3rd row, extra 12V socket sa rear.

I checked the models from autolink.ph meron dun 715K '02 model AT. Imo, get the MT for more responsive power. Then look for standard plastic base mats. Mas madaling linisin incase may matapon na liquids lampas sa carpet mattings.

Check fenders for repainting jobs, all 4 rear sensors should be in working order.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I have seen the unit myself and it is CRDi engine na, bale imported by Standout yata...

Bakit mahina ba ang hatak nito as A/T compare sa M/T??

Does it really help kung CRDi pagdating sa akyatan???

Thanks ungas for advice....mucho appreciated..

BR,
    epic

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The CRDi makes 145bhp, the standard TDIC makes around 99bhp. That equates to around 50% more power.

CRDi units using the 'Millenium' body were brought in by the gray market as soon as the factory started cranking them out in '02. Standout Motors is one of the biggest gray market importers of Starex vans locally.

The automatic will consume just a bit more than the manual model. But you will still spend less on fuel than if you drove a gas powered van or even a gas powered subcompact sedan.

A/T units do feel a bit sluggish from a standing start. But in terms of gradeability it can hold its own against the manual esp. when the O/D is off.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Thanks OTEP for reply...

Ungas, I checked the autolink.ph on starex van and most being sold are A/T, bakit kaya??

Yun base matting be you mentioned is the rubberize gray color thing under the floor mats??mukha nga very easy to clean, just use damp cloth to clean it..

i also notice na walang CRDi engine lahat ay TDic engine, kasi bago pa lang ito dito...

BR,
    epic

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most Starex vans on the used car market are A/T simply because most Starex units being sold are A/T.

The TDIC engine is the same engine as found in the current Strada and in my Pajero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Starex '02 CRDi A/T at 730K, ok na ba??